Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Would anyone be interested in playing a game of Ambush1 by forum?

The idea would be for 8 of you to play the US squad members as they battle their way through the Germans in Western Europe. I would operate the Germans and game systems through the board game Ambush! It's normally a solitaire game but I thought this might be fun/interesting along the lines of the B-17 and B-29 AARs we've been reading.

We'd start by setting up the squad, playing through at least one mission. If we lose troops along the way others can be recruited.

I'd be posting the map and you all would give me what your orders are for your soldier. Orders are carried out one soldier at a time based on initiative. I can explain the rules as we go. It's pretty simple game but lots of fun.

Squad make up looks something like this:

SSGT (Squad Leader) : Undercovergeek - Initiative: 4, Perception: 6, Weapon Skill: +1, Driving Skill: 8, Movement points: 4, Command radius: 2.
SGT (Asst. Sq. Leader) : Banzai_Cat - Initiative: 3, Perception: 6, Weapon Skill: +1, Driving Skill: 4, Movement points: 4, Command radius: 2.
CPL : mirth - Initiative: 3, Perception: 6, Weapon Skill: 0, Driving Skill: 8, Movement points: 4.
PFC : bob48 - Initiative: 2, Perception: 5, Weapon Skill: -1, Driving Skill: 4, Movement points: 4.
PFC : Double Deuce - Initiative: 2, Perception: 2, Weapon Skill: +1, Driving Skill: 2, Movement points: 4.
PVT : Staggerwing - Initiative: 1, Perception: 3, Weapon Skill: 0, Driving Skill: 0, Movement points: 3.
PVTJudgeDredd- Initiative: 1, Perception: 2, Weapon Skill: -1, Driving Skill: 6, Movement points: 3.
PVTSDR- Initiative: 1, Perception: 3, Weapon Skill: +1, Driving Skill: 4, Movement points: 3.

The first mission would be this:
D-Day Night Drop to Destiny
D-Day, 6 June 1944. In the early morning, your squad's parent unit is paratrooping on to the Cotentin Peninsula in support of the US landings at Utah Beach. Your squad has been assigned to capture, intact, two bridges in a small hamlet near the town of Carentan. Opposition is expected, although reconnaissance has shown no presence of tanks or heavy weapons in the immediate vicinity of the drop zone.

undercovergeek

im in - assign me as necessary

Barthheart

undercovergeek

Am I giving orders to the other guys?

BanzaiCat

Sounds interesting. Sign me up also.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 03, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
Am I giving orders to the other guys?

No really... I say you get final say on any decisions that come up.

Barthheart

Great! I need you three to give me some die rolls so we can get you some personal stats.

I need 3 1d10 rolls each please.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Cool! need 3 x 1d10 from you too.

Double Deuce

I'm in too if there's still room.

Barthheart

Barthheart

Just 3 more and we can get started.

BanzaiCat

If you want, use this site:

http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

then choose the number of sides, the number of dice, and how many times to roll 'em.

Edit: if that's an acceptable die-rolling mechanism, my results were:

8 7 4

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 03, 2014, 02:56:59 PM
If you want, use this site:

http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

then choose the number of sides, the number of dice, and how many times to roll 'em.

Edit: if that's an acceptable die-rolling mechanism, my results were:

8 7 4

Good as any. Thanks.