Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteM60T SABRA MKII

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteA M48 Patton moving forward during the battle of Hue, 1968.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 26, 2017, 05:54:13 PM
QuoteComet tanks of the 2nd Fife and Forfar Yeomanry, 11th Armoured Division, crossing the Weser at Petershagen, Germany, 7 April 1945

That's all good and well, but you know those main gun rounds would've bounced right off of a medieval knight's breastplate.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

QuoteCharles de Gaulle posing in front of a Char D2 Medium Tank of the Elite 507 Régiment de Chars de Combat.

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 26, 2017, 06:01:05 PM
QuoteComet tanks of the 2nd Fife and Forfar Yeomanry, 11th Armoured Division, crossing the Weser at Petershagen, Germany, 7 April 1945

That's all good and well, but you know those main gun rounds would've bounced right off of a medieval knight's breastplate.

Don't you start  :knuppel2:

Staggerwing

Actually...
The Comet had a 17 pound-derived gun that was as good, if not better, than that of the Panther. The Comet was just so late to the party that it gets overlooked.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 26, 2017, 06:05:58 PM

Actually...
The Comet had a 17 pound-derived gun that was as good, if not better, than that of the Panther. The Comet was just so late to the party that it gets overlooked.

that's just British propaganda!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

...if only we have had the 17pdr at Agincourt..............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2017, 06:21:55 AM
...if only we have had the 17pdr at Agincourt..............

Well, the English did have it's period equivalent.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

It would seem that not everyone thinks so ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

bayonetbrant

yeah, they had the XM8 ready to go in '95, and then pulled the plug on it all

mirth

I thought the Striker with the 105mm was meant to fill the infantry support role.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 31, 2017, 11:45:13 AM
I thought the Striker with the 105mm was meant to fill the infantry support role.

that was well after the cancelation of the XM8

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 31, 2017, 12:03:43 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 31, 2017, 11:45:13 AM

that was well after the cancelation of the XM8

I know. I meant today.