Decades Feeder Bracket - 1998 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, December 10, 2017, 06:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Here we are in 1998!  Lots of stuff to choose from.  Some good, some played out, and some that I'll probably be the only one to like it.  It never ceases to amaze me how many songs I realized I know that I didn't know I knew.  '98 has lots of those.  Hope you like them!  And, as always, thank you for voting along with me :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

well, there's only one right answer to who should win this bracket, but it'll probably go out in the first round
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 06:30:20 PM
Here we are in 1998!  Lots of stuff to choose from.  Some good, some played out, and some that I'll probably be the only one to like it.  It never ceases to amaze me how many songs I realized I know that I didn't know I knew.  '98 has lots of those.  Hope you like them!  And, as always, thank you for voting along with me :)

What Dawg said, both about the year and "songs I realized I know that I didn't know I knew", hahaha!  What I've found is there are a lot of songs I recognize but I didn't know the name to! I've added a lot to my music playlists simply from these music threads and even discovered a few new favorites. Dawg, when this has run it's course the pressure is on ya for a followup!

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 10, 2017, 06:59:16 PM
well, there's only one right answer to who should win this bracket, but it'll probably go out in the first round

Close. Most often there is the right answer, the wrong answer, and Brant's answer   :coolsmiley:

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 10, 2017, 07:07:25 PM
Close. Most often there is the right answer, the wrong answer, and Brant's answer   :coolsmiley:

except that #s 1 & 3 are usually the same :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 10, 2017, 06:59:16 PM

That wouldn't be Stabbing Westward, would it?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 10, 2017, 07:02:47 PM

What Dawg said, both about the year and "songs I realized I know that I didn't know I knew", hahaha!  What I've found is there are a lot of songs I recognize but I didn't know the name to! I've added a lot to my music playlists simply from these music threads and even discovered a few new favorites. Dawg, when this has run it's course the pressure is on ya for a followup!

The only thing following this will be lots of doing something other than Brackets ;)  Glad you've liked them though.  Even more glad you've found some good tunes to add to the, 'collection.'
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Hmm, by name, I don't think I know one song on this list. This must be when I stopped listening to the radio and just listened to my own CD's in the car. Will have to give a listen tonight.

Emeraldlis

A new year of music to choose from... *woot* *woot*  <:-) I love it when a new music year thread comes up!!!! Its like having new snow to walk through for the first time... Awesome  :D Thanks MD  O0

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 10, 2017, 07:02:47 PM

I totally agree with you Steelgrave  O0 I've added a lot of songs to various playlists because of what MD's posted during the course of this very cool musical showdown  :coolsmiley: I also think I'm gonna need therapy when this ends, because I really look forward to listening to the music, seeing what y'all are saying about it, joining in those discussions, and just all the general banter that goes on around the music  :)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 11, 2017, 04:01:34 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 11, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
I also think I'm gonna need even more therapy when this ends

FTFY

Well, a need is a need  ;D A girl can never have too much therapy!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 11, 2017, 04:24:06 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 11, 2017, 04:19:56 PM
Well, a need is a need  ;D A girl can never have too much therapy!

if you say so....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_hysteria

The tendancy to cause trouble is true  ;D sexual desire and fluid retention kind of go hand in hand  ;) if that's mania.... I think I'm already there  <:-)

mirth

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 11, 2017, 04:52:11 PM
sexual desire and fluid retention kind of go hand in hand

It works a little differently for men. Sexual desire tends to lead to fluid release. The 'in hand' part remains accurate.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 11, 2017, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 11, 2017, 04:52:11 PM
sexual desire and fluid retention kind of go hand in hand

It works a little differently for men. Sexual desire tends to lead to fluid release. The 'in hand' part remains accurate.

Thanks for that biology lesson  :DD sexual desire in women tends to lead to a desire for chocolate... And/or chocolate and sex together  :DD  the fluid retention remains because of the confusion of wondering which to concentrate on more... The sex or the chocolate  ^-^ But as is the case with men, the "in hand" part also remains the same  :)