It's the End of the FRIDAY (as we know it)

Started by Tripoli, December 02, 2022, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 02, 2022, 11:28:32 AM
^It was me but Anguille is as much a KoH fan as I am and who's counting anyway.

KoH: Sovereign and The Great War are my two most anticipated releases in a long, long time and did in fact transform my reading and gaming schedule to come!

Oopsies.  Yep I see that now.  You were first. 

Great video btw.  Yeah I'll purchase both of these games sight unseen with no questions asked on day one.  LOL!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I dunno why 4 days feels so far away when I've been waiting 3 years for KoH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Not to be a Debbie Downer but think how worse it will feel at 8am on release day, stuck in a cubicle at work, watching the clock take an hour to click past one minute. 

I dread that more than the wait of 4 days.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Phantom on December 02, 2022, 01:55:27 PM
.....Its Last of the Mohicans, its Redcoats & Montcalm, its "Wilderness War" using Stuka Joe's solo CDG system. Non board gamers will not know what the hell I'm on about  :)

I know exactly what you're talking about as I'm subscribed to Stuka Joe's channel.   :)

Now here's one for you.  What movie is this quote from? "They stay where they lay."

*Hint a clue is buried somewhere in your own words

Pete Dero

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Phantom

Quote from: W8taminute on December 02, 2022, 03:22:09 PM
.....Its Last of the Mohicans, its Redcoats & Montcalm, its "Wilderness War" using Stuka Joe's solo CDG system. Non board gamers will not know what the hell I'm on about  :)

I know exactly what you're talking about as I'm subscribed to Stuka Joe's channel.   :)

Now here's one for you.  What movie is this quote from? "They stay where they lay."

I'd be cheating as I'm just watching the film at the moment - just passed that scene!  As an aside, the game WW is by Volko Ruhnke. Now, as I'm playing it I'm watching Lot Mohicans & reading Fred Anderson's book "The War that made America" - I consider that quite immersive, however, on a recent interview Volko Ruhnke said that when he's designing a game, aside from the vast amount of research he evidently does, he also plays music from the period AND eats food from the period - now that's commitment to design! (and IMO it shows in his games)

-budd-

Outside decorating duties this weekend so limited time, that is unless it rains. For SP gaming it will be the new Flashpoint game, and reinstalled Deathwing to give that a go again. Have 4 PBEMs going.
Hell, which I think is the Panzer Corps engine, I'm the Demons this time.

BattleSector which we just finished our first go with this game in PBEM. I lost as the Imperium so we'll run this again.

Valor/Victory, the long 25 turn Arnhem scenario. Turn 16 and my perimeter is pretty small, and some new German units just showed up with some Stugs. I'm hoping to make turn 20. I've done some damage but they just keep coming. One thing....I haven't been able to figure out why my damn piat's wont fire. Haven't fired once the whole game. Can they fire from a building? Only reason i can think of why they won't fire. My highlight was taking out a Tiger with a lucky 6lber shot.

Flashpoint Campaigns 1-  Just finished this morning, a marginal victory for my Nato troops in the Rhino scenario.

Have a good weekend
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

Quote from: Phantom on December 03, 2022, 05:11:07 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 02, 2022, 03:22:09 PM

I'd be cheating as I'm just watching the film at the moment - just passed that scene!  As an aside, the game WW is by Volko Ruhnke. Now, as I'm playing it I'm watching Lot Mohicans & reading Fred Anderson's book "The War that made America" - I consider that quite immersive, however, on a recent interview Volko Ruhnke said that when he's designing a game, aside from the vast amount of research he evidently does, he also plays music from the period AND eats food from the period - now that's commitment to design! (and IMO it shows in his games)

Haha!  I knew you would know what movie I was referring to.  You're right though Volko is committed to his designs.  You can almost feel his enthusiasm through playing any of his games.

Tanaka

Finally getting into WarPlan Pacific. I like the contrast to the Strategic Command games. They both offer excellent differences in play. Also continuing my SCWAW game with Gaming with the Colonel.

FarAway Sooner

I won my first game of Interstellar Space: Genesis and have now taken a break to dust off Wildermyth, which I purchased but never played back around the time it came out.  So far, I find it quite delightful, but I do worry that the combats might get a bit grindy if I have to complete too many of them.