Corporate Structure of Various Strategy/Tactical Producers?

Started by Cheimison, October 24, 2017, 04:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheimison

I heard a while back that Paradox had been split into two different companies.
Apparently in 2009 Paradox purchased AGEOD - which Paradox owns them now?
Matrix games also sells AGEOD titles - and Matrix games is merged with Slitherine?
I'm just wondering who owns what companies, who is just distributing for them.
This is a pretty arcane topic, but someone must know.

PipFromSlitherine

AGEOD is a fully owned and integrated part of Slitherine-Matrix these days.

Cheers

Pip

bbmike

^And hopefully hard at work on that new game engine and then Pride of Nations 2.  :coolsmiley:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cheimison

Quote from: bbmike on October 24, 2017, 04:09:44 PM
^And hopefully hard at work on that new game engine and then Pride of Nations 2.  :coolsmiley:
I haven't played Pride of Nations, though I am pretty sure I bought it X years ago. A lot of the reviews I encountered said PLAY VIC2 INSTEAD! but I have Vic2 and have only played America, preventing the Civil War ridiculously easy.

bbmike

Pride of Nations is a labor to love. Yes, I wrote that correctly.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Except for AGEOD and Paradox, Matrix / Slitherine are publishers. They don't make their own games.

Matrix merged with Slitherine.  Management is the same. They sell what the other sells in their store (including AGEOD games). But notice a difference in branding. Monster (Grognard) games are branded under Matrix with premium pricing. More casual, tabletop, mobile games are branded under Slitherine at lower prices.

AGEOD develops their own game and runs their own store which shares the same back end as Matrix.  They used to have Paradox as publisher.
Take note that Slitherine has their own development team that handes their in-house game engine— used by other developers to make games.

BanzaiCat

I worked for Matrix for a while before their merger. There was only a handful of guys responsible for the work on Matrix's side, whom all worked with the devs to get their projects going. More or less.

HoodedHorseJoe

Paradox Interactive is a Publisher, but Paradox Development Studios is their in-house development team that handles all of the Clausewitz-engine games (all of the grand-strategy stuff, basically).

They have other internal studios as well, such as Paradox North.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.