Never straight and FRIDAY

Started by Crossroads, March 10, 2017, 05:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 12, 2017, 06:59:57 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on March 12, 2017, 03:08:25 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on March 12, 2017, 02:01:47 AM
I've been reading The Gallic Wars commentary by Ceaser, been giving me an itch to play Atilla (Yes i know its not the same time frame shush)

Have you picked up any of Sy Turney's Marius Mules books? He began by self publishing books based on Gallic Wars but with people around Caesar as main protagonist. He picked a publisher a while ago, but many of the Kindle books are from a couple of bucks to five bucks at Amazon. Highly recommended for some light reading. He's about to deliver his tenth book to the series, it's been a fun travel with him.

Mules I is just 1.23, give it a try  :nerd:

They look interesting, might break my spell of not reading fiction for them. The price is particularly alluring....

The price, and the fact he was self publishing did it for me. Plus the fact he's active with his Facebook, answering questions, telling about his next projects.

Here's his web page: http://www.sjaturney.co.uk
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

Just beat Sniper Elite II. Cool game if not a triple A title. And some great set-pieces. Will definitely get the other games when they go on sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Did a little bit of WoW Friday night. Saturday, I had my son get me started on Vicky 2. Put a lot of time in for the remainder of the weekend. Also picked up Thea on sale and played a little of that, not enough to format not opinion yet.