carrier battles kickstarter for pc

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 01, 2018, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millipede

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: bbmike on December 05, 2018, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: Millipede on December 05, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
~$3400 to go in the next 46 hours.

:(

Yeah, it's tough going. Most people pledged at the 20 euro 'Commander' level and that was only 153 people so far. It'll take at least another 124 people at that level to make it. Either that, or two 'Secretaries of the Navy' and three 'Fleet Admirals'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GibbyG

Call me Mr Carrier Airgroup Commander!

Millipede

$2300 more with 37 hours to go. That's $1100 in the last 9 hours.

kondor999

Let's put this over the top!  This game is AMAZING on iOS and the PC version looks even better.  I really want to try this with a mouse.

Seriously - this is easily the best wargame on the subject I've played.  Fantastic balance of UI elegance, depth, complexity and historical accuracy.

JudgeDredd

I am just toooooooo sceptical of a game developed for iOS turning into a good, deep PC game.

I'm on the wings waiting for your impressions when it's out.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

i haven't been part of too many kickstarter campaigns and the ones i have either succeeded greatly or failed miserably.   this one is close.  if the campaign fails even by a small amount, is there anyway the game continues? just seems odd that if it misses by $100 the developer wouldn't still have the means to continue but maybe that is how it works.

bobarossa

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2018, 05:15:13 AM
i haven't been part of too many kickstarter campaigns and the ones i have either succeeded greatly or failed miserably.   this one is close.  if the campaign fails even by a small amount, is there anyway the game continues? just seems odd that if it misses by $100 the developer wouldn't still have the means to continue but maybe that is how it works.

If it misses by $100 he gets nothing (and we don't get charged).  This isn't GoFundMe.

RedArgo

$840 to go with 20 hours left, somebody take one for the team!  :D

rocketman

I upped my pledge with another 10 euro. More of those little additions can make a difference. I have the game on iOS and I don't think people will be disappointed if the Kickstarter is successful.

Millipede

Grim.Reaper

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bobarossa

Made it!  Now if it's not any good we hang Rocketman for leading us astray!   :knuppel2: