R.I.P. Stephen Hawking

Started by SirAndrewD, March 14, 2018, 12:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

He was an inspiration throughout my life. Very sad day.

Rest in Peace, Professor Hawking.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

RIP Professor.

I loved how he could maintain his humor in spite of his difficulties. He was great in his cameos on ST/TNG and Big Bang Theory.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 14, 2018, 09:55:13 AM
I loved how he could maintain his humor in spite of his difficulties. He was great in his cameos on ST/TNG and Big Bang Theory.

And The Simpsons

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

I was thinking of that same scene on the Simpsons. R.I.P. Professor Hawking.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Fuck him.
Once a good scientist then an anti- semetic prick babbling about aliens.  If it wasnt for the wheel chair he would have been shit canned a while ago.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 14, 2018, 12:28:28 PM
Fuck him.
Once a good scientist then an anti- semetic prick babbling about aliens.  If it wasnt for the wheel chair he would have been shit canned a while ago.

Anti-Semitic? Got links? I was unaware of that...although, if a guy that smart has a problem with Jews, he might be onto something. lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2018, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 14, 2018, 12:28:28 PM
Fuck him.

Anti-Semitic? Got links? I was unaware of that...although, if a guy that smart has a problem with Jews, he might be onto something. lol

He declined to visit Israel.

http://time.com/3854478/stephen-hawking-israel-boycott/

https://www.theguardian.com/science/occams-corner/2013/may/13/stephen-hawking-israel-boycott

Jarhead0331

Yeah. I looked. I think while boycott of Israel in favor of the "Palestinian cause", whatever that cause may be, is often times a sign of an anti-semitic motive, I don't really see anything that would make me feel comfortable calling him overtly a Jew-hater.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

It was a dumb move, imo, but I don't think it rises to 'Fuck him' as a parting thought on his life.

Gusington

His was a protest against Israeli policy more than old fashioned Jew-hatin':

"Had I attended, I would have stated my opinion that the policy of the present Israeli government is likely to lead to disaster."

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Its an area I have no shades of grey about.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

^My Mom agrees with you. "You must support Israel no matter what." So I know what you're saying. And for the most part I do.

I don't think Hawking hated Jews though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Emeraldlis

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0314/947255-hawking/

I read this article today about him. It mentions he gave an interview on Israeli TV.

He's said things in the past that I totally disagree with. But I can respect the guys scientific mind. I don't agree with everything he's said about the universe, but he had a gift for sure with his mind.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog