Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Rayfer, October 09, 2019, 10:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Jarhead0331

Perhaps most exciting, its from the developer of the Decisive Campaigns series!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Now THIS one I am interested in. I have been keeping an eye on the Dev's website for it for a long time. Originally I think it had some fantasy elements. It looks like the development process has taken it off in directions not originally considered.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

OK then. Mildly interested, DC: Outer Space could be a winner. As long as there are no Space Nazis or Porgs, I'm in.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

What do you mean "No Space Nazis"? Space Nazis are awesome! You can kill Space Nazis all day and still sleep with a happy face each night.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

CJReich46

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 09, 2019, 10:58:40 AM
OK then. Mildly interested, DC: Outer Space could be a winner. As long as there are no Space Nazis or Porgs, I'm in.

Interested. If I can do something like Hammer's Slammers or Ogre or even Apocalypse Wars I'm in.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Martok

I'm generally not a fan of post-apocalyptic settings, but this one actually looks interesting. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Yeah this does look promising.  Supports multiplayer too, nice.  Any indication of a release date at all?

jamus34

Loins fully moistened.

A post post post Apocalyptic 4X CIV?

Using a wargame engine for all intents and purposes?

Sqqqwwwweeeeeeeee!!!!!
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Saw a preview of this at... oh, Rayfer got it already.  O0

Could be good.

The WH40K (30K? 20K?) Unification Wars module should be great!  >:D

(Bonus points if Matrixlitherine themselves makes that conversion, or sponsors it!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GroggyGrognard

The moistening of the loins has been procedurally generated.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

FarAway Sooner

Seldom do I see a title and think to myself, "Wow, that's really something that looks kinda new!"  Consider me intrigued!

Tpek

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 09, 2019, 10:58:40 AM

What about Space Nazi Porgs?
They could be pretty awesome.

Steelgrave

Definitely on my radar now. Unlike our good friend Martok, anything post-apocalypse is a big draw for me. And to have solid developers who have done such excellent work in the past is a huge plus. I'm also glad to see we're not talking huge irradiated bugs or mutated humans, aka Fallout (although I do love me some Fallout) but rather that most dangerous of animals, humans in survival mode.

All in all....could be really solid. Bring it on.