-- NOW AVAILABLE -- CS Middle East Update 1.02 Open Beta

Started by Crossroads, December 04, 2015, 02:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

UPDATED 01/06/15: PBEM Tournament at the Blitz

UPDATED 12/24/15: 1.02 UPDATE Open Beta

----

The 1.01 UPDATE's been handed out to Matrix / Slitherine. They've got a busy December schedule, but here's hoping the download would be available in a couple of weeks time!

Quote17.1 Middle East Update Log for 1.01

17.1.1 FIXES

•   Under any FOW setting, in any context, enemy Morale does not display (is shown as "?"). Enemy Morale only displays if FOW is unselected.
•   In the game engine (only), implemented Options > Auto Scroll. (Was there previously in the scenario & map editors, but not in the game engine.)
•   With a unit selected, hitting the F3 hot key (etc.) opens the Unit Viewer directly on the info page for that unit. (Before, it would just open on a blank page, and you would have to hunt for the unit.)
•   Fixed a bug where, in the Unit Viewer, for nation IDs < 10, the selected unit would not display.
•   For on-counter unit stats, fixed an issue where the Morale stat was not displaying properly.
•   Under ExtFOW, the Damage Report now displays much, but not quite all, of the info that a non FOW Damage Report would.
•   Fixed a questionable design decision where, under ExtFOW, the Display Disrupted highlight was not highlighting friendlies. Under ExtFOW, enemy disrupts still remain unhighlighted.
•   Removed the multi-saves warning. (A useless, and otherwise offensive, anti-cheat measure.)
•   Fixed a number of bugs involving helos and movement, assaults, overflies, etc.
•   Fixed the OBA crash bug.
•   Fixed a possible crash bug in PBEM play.
•   Fixed a bug where helos overflying unknown enemy units would vanish.
•   Fixed a 3D crash bug involving assaults and overflying helos.
•   Fixed a bug where air strikes were without limit.
•   Fixed a bug where the edorg Append feature was broken.
•   Fixed a bug where in 2D, WR, IP etc. markers would display over any Unknown Unit icon.
•   Fixed a bug where the game engine was failing to remember and restore the preferred Options > Graphical Icons setting from session to session.
•   Fixed a bug where the Infobox Counters setting was not being saved.
•   Fixed a bug where phantom IF crosshairs (in the case of drifting) were not being cleared.
•   Did some code optimizations to mitigate the effects, with Counter Stats toggled ON, of slow scrolling (on some systems only).
•   Prevented possible scenario title text overrun in the Status > Scenario Information dialog. Also, fixed text overruns and other issues in the F2 Unit Handbook display.
•   AutoSave AP's for Firing OFF by default.
•   Added missing background music files
•   Revised the NATO Symbols sheet with White Background modification
•   In various dialogs, clicking Help no longer summons the now non-existent Windows Help, rather the game Manual.

17.1.2 ENHANCEMENTS
•   Implemented on-counter unit stats. For 2D views #4 and #5.
•   Implemented some new LoseConcealment() rules
•   Implemented new reveal rules for the display of counter and Info Box unit stats.
•   The Unit Viewer is newly available from within edorg.
•   Hex Outlines and Contours can now display concurrently.
•   In the 2D modes, counter stacks now display up to a maximum of 6, whereas before the max display was 4 counters.
•   Added a Black 2D Unit Profiles modification
•   Added a NATO Symbols sheet with Transparent Background modification
•   Added Alternate 3D Base modification
•   Cosmetic tweaks to several frontend displays.
•   Added many more diagnostic logreturn() calls.
•   Implemented a new, multi-tiered logging scheme, where the depth and verbosity of logging are specified at the EXE command line.
•   UnitViewer (F3) displays to selected unit

17.1.3 GRAPHICS
•   Revised a few 3D terrain and vegetation tiles
•   Revised 2D View terrain, terrain marker and vegetation art
•   Revised 2D Counter and Graphical Unit Icons art for all nations
•   Revised the F2 Unit Handbook dialogs, also a new InfoBox tile
•   Added new Main Menu graphics matching the CS: Middle East box Art
•   Revised the Blankbox graphics matching the CS: Middle East box art
•   Revised Egyptian 3D graphics
•   Revised Syrian 3D graphics
•   Revised Jordanian 3D graphics

17.1.4 DATA
•   Added post 1973 Egyptian Organizations (Company and Battalion levels) that incorporate Western weapons that were received as part of the peace negotiations after the 1973 War.
•   Added post 1982 self-propelled artillery organizations for Syria
•   Revised road/offroad speed of certain Israeli tanks for consistency
•   Revised fire cost for reconnaissance helicopters to 85 Action Points and added limited fire capabilities
•   Revised all combat helicopters (gunships and ATGM armed) so they now will require to rearm after sustained combat
•   Updated Weaon.pdt file, revising existing information and adding new information for new units
•   Updated Unittext file, revising existing information and adding new information for new units

17.1.5 SCENARIOS

•   New Scenarios by Al Sandrik:
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Banias
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Bridges
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Nafakh
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Night
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Rafid
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Valley A
o   Duel For The Golan 85-Valley B
•   New Scenario by Jim Mays:
o   Tourny - Set B01 - Into the Breach

•   New Scenarios by Jason Petho:
o   Position 181 (Batur Track 1967)
o   Textbook Night Assault (Umm Katef 1967)
o   Into the Camps (Rafah 1956)
o   Teaching Set A01 – 1948
o   Teaching Set A02 – 1956
o   Teaching Set A03 – 1967
o   Teaching Set A04 – 1973
o   Teaching Set A05 – 1982

•   Scenario Modifications to:
o   Endgame at Jenin
o   Into Africa!
o   Into the Ring
o   Hot Knife through Butter
o   The Shores of Great Bitter Lake
o   Battle of Abu Ageila (1956)
o   Third Time's a Charm
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

From the Matrix CS Middle East forum Crazy is as crazy does thread:

QuoteORIGINAL:  Crossroads

Since my last post I've had scripts running all scenarios over and over with some 300+ individual battles now successfully completed without any crashes. Of course, it is HAL vs HAL, so it might be limited in comparison to all things a human player would try out perhaps. Yet, very encouraging!

QuoteORIGINAL:  berto

Latest automated crash test results here: 79 3D & 82 2D test scenarios completed thus far, no crashes.  Out of a total (in my me.lst) of 85.

Between Petri [Crossroads] and me, in the latest round of ~500 automated test games, no freezes or crashes.  Rock solid!

Fingers crossed!

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Among other enhancements, 16 new scenarios. Here's some action from the Into the Breach tournament scenario set at Golan. WReck markers detail the path of my Syrian advance!  :knuppel2:

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on December 04, 2015, 02:49:16 AM
WReck markers detail the path of my Syrian advance!  :knuppel2:

And finally, while waiting for the download becoming available, why not order your own official CS Middle East 1948-1985 WReck Marker T-Shirts. Available in all colors and sizes!

Ha  :D

savatee

Really like the game. Update looks good!

Crossroads

Quote from: savatee on December 04, 2015, 09:33:10 AM
Really like the game. Update looks good!

Thanks savatee, it now reflects the game we wanted to release as 1.00 so much better. Enhancements and new stuff takes time, especially as we all are doing this in part time with real jobs to pay the rent.

Now, with some time in my hands before next adventures, I believe I will finally get into creating the Avalon Hill's Arab-Israeli Wars boardgame counters and terrain mod...

Map and terrain tiles. Egyptian (and Syrians with same counters too) and Jordanian counters and units vs Israeli ones. Should be fun!

Crossroads

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on December 05, 2015, 02:20:10 AM
Clear terrain tiles done.  8)

Israeli, Egypt, Syrian and Jordanese counters, and more map and terrain tiles completed. Markers, enbankments, escarpments next.

savatee

Can't wait for the update! This is the kind of game I really like. Great job, man!

WYBaugh

Hey guys,

Is the UI as bad as the older games in the series?

berto

In what way do you consider it "bad"?

In the newer series

• the toolbar has many more buttons
  • the toolbar has four configurations -- None, Small, Standard, Large
  • just about every major game action has an assigned hot key
  • hot key assignments are indicated by toolbar tooltips, also in the game menus, so memorizing them is easy
  • just about every major game action can be achieved by any of:  menu selection, toolbar button click, hot key

Additionally, there are other minor UI tweaks and improvements.

Otherwise, the Series' UI is much the same.

I find the improved UI much more appealing -- especially the hot keys.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

WYBaugh

Quote from: berto on December 05, 2015, 06:18:59 PM
In what way do you consider it "bad"?

In the newer series

• the toolbar has many more buttons
  • the toolbar has four configurations -- None, Small, Standard, Large
  • just about every major game action has an assigned hot key
  • hot key assignments are indicated by toolbar tooltips, also in the game menus, so memorizing them is easy
  • just about every major game action can be achieved by any of:  menu selection, toolbar button click, hot key

Additionally, there are other minor UI tweaks and improvements.

Otherwise, the Series' UI is much the same.

I find the improved UI much more appealing -- especially the hot keys.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

Thank you

Crossroads

Quote from: savatee on December 05, 2015, 04:10:54 PM
Can't wait for the update! This is the kind of game I really like. Great job, man!

Thanks! The finished article below. For now, at least  O:-)

Cyrano

I need a "gimme" emoticon very badly right now...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Crossroads

With the new User Mod the 3D Terrain got a massive face lift too, thanks to Maus Man's dedicated work he now shared with everyone:

Unit Bases OFF:

Alternate Unit Bases ON:

Available at the CS Middle East Mod Forum for an immediate download (see post #9 for the latests version).

Get them while the supplies last!  :)