Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ApClaud temporarily assumes the post of Presiding Magistrate in order to consider investigating suspected corruption (among a list of valid suspects noted earlier, after Contracted invulernabilities are deducted).

But the Frog sends a message to me by hangout chat, that he will pass investigating anyone for Prosecution this Turn.

The PM post returns to Acilius, and all suspicions are eliminated for the rest of the Turn. This also completes all terms of the 7thTurnCoIm, which thus expires.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

This finishes all Mandatory Business.

Other senatorial Business may now proceed.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Erax

I suggest we send Flaminius out with all the Legions to squash the Second Latin War.

JasonPratt

Doing so will definitely improve the Republic's strength going into the Early Era.  O0

JasonPratt

By hangout chat last night, the Frog Proposes that Flaminius be sent to War against the 2nd Latin War, with all 10 Legions.

I could almost assume unamity, but just in case...

(Plutocrats and Progressives are definitely voting for.)

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

And that tips the Proposal into the majority for.

Flam leaves Rome, reducing the Progressive normal vote tally to 5. (I may have reduced Total Influence previously when senators left Rome, but if so I shouldn't have done that.)

I don't know what other Other Business would be usefully done this Turn, but I'll start processing the Combat Phase (which shouldn't be affected by any other business) and once the Frog (or a Tribune!) closes the Senate then I'll post the results and move into the Revolution Phase.

JasonPratt

Okay, an hour and a half later, I've finished a lot of processing, and I can't figure out why anyone would play a Tribune to affect anything in the Senate at this point, so I'm provisionally ruling the Senate Phase closed, and moving on.

TURN SEVEN -- COMBAT PHASE
--------------------------

Flaminius of the Progressives vs the 2nd Latin War!

The Kindly Ones, attracted by his bravery, decide to tag along after the latest Flaminian boy...

Not really helping!

Number of Legions: 10
Flam's Mil skill: +4 limit
War's Land Strength: -4
DRM = +10

3d6 roll = 3+4+3=10 (not a D/S result) +10 DRM = 20, total Victory no losses!

Unrest -1 down to 6. Putting down this uprising gives Rome an opportunity to restructure the local governance: Republic's normal annual Income permanently increases by 10 Talents; and three more potential Legions of logistic strength are added to the Force Pool! The 2nd Latin War then discards.

Flaminius gains War's land strength /2 rounded up, so +2, Influence and Popularity, up to 11 and 2 respectively. No Legions lost, so no Popularity lost. Flam goes home to Rome: Progressive normal vote back up to 7, and total influence up to 15. Flam's Legions go back to Active.

This ends the Combat Phase.

JasonPratt

TURN SEVEN -- REVOLUTION PHASE
------------------------------

Still not Early Era, so not enough cultural leeway to try rebelling against the Senate yet.

No one has any delayed Faction cards being transferred to receive; but any cards traded at this time will arrive automatically.

No one needs to reduce their hand to five cards or less.

No one has any valid Concessions or Statesmen to play. (I double-checked.)

On the presumption that no one will be donating or trading cards for favors, I will end the Turn. (But if someone wants to do that, I'll allow a reasonable lag time for immediate transference.)

JasonPratt

Friends! Romans! Welcome to Turn Eight! The dawn of a new Era approaches!

In effect, these prologue Eras provide some variability to the 'start position' of the main game, as well as being a nice tutorial introducing game concepts in a steady fashion rather than having all of them thrown at new Players at once.

There are plenty more game developments on the way, but I'll cover them as we get to them, so as avoid overwhelming with new information as much as possible.  O:-)

For now, the Italian Era continues into the start of...

TURN EIGHT -- MORTALITY PHASE
-----------------------------

No Immanent Wars yet.

An x2 chit is drawn for the first time out of the Death Bag! This means the chip will be put back into the reshuffle and two more chits will be drawn. A blank, and Family #25 are drawn instead. (Had x2 been one or both of those, then any non-x2 chit would have been kept out, the shuffle would have happened with the x2 again, and 2 or 4 more would be drawn out, continuing the run until no x2 chits are drawn.)

Family #25 has no active members yet, so no Players are affected.

This ends the Mortality Phase.

JasonPratt

REVENUE PHASE
-------------

Segment 1, Faction Incomes. All Concessions trigger Minor suspicions normally.

I.I.'s Aristocrats: 6 starting cash; +12 delayed transfer; +12 personal cash; +3 +1 +1 senator incomes; +6 knight incomes; +2 Tax Farming; +3 Harbor Fees
= new Faction total 46 cash.

Tripoli's Militarists: 14 starting cash; +0 personal cash; +3 +1 +1 senator incomes; +6 knight incomes; +2 +2 Tax Faming
= new Faction total 29 cash.

The Frog's Plutocrats: 4 starting cash; +7 personal cash; +5 (Plutocrat ability) +1 +1 senator incomes; +6x2(Plutocrat ability) knight incomes; +2 (1d6 roll) PontMax income; +0 Concession income
= new Faction total 32 cash.

AzTank's Conservatives: 25 starting cash; +6 personal cash; +3 +1 +1 senator incomes; +4 knight incomes; +0 Concession income
= new Faction total 40 cash.

Malize's Populists: 4 starting cash; +0 personal cash; +3 +1 senator incomes; +2 knight incomes; +3 Mining Concession
= new Faction total 13 cash.

(Aurelius does get a minor corruption; I just forgot to mark him. It's on the board now.)

Erax's Progressives: 2 starting cash +22 personal cash; +3 +1 +1 senator incomes; +2 knight incomes; +2 +2 Tax Farmers
= new Faction total 35 cash.

The Republic's Treasury currently has 176 Talents. Normal income is (now) 50. Normal expenses -2 x 10 Legions. No Active Wars.

IncompetentIdiot

5 to Cincinnatus, 10 to Valerius, 15 to Cornelius.

JasonPratt

The Frog from hangout chat instructs to give 7 to each of his three senators.

(Btw, if Erax, Malize, and/or I.I. want to be in the hangout chat, that's super-okay! Just p-mail me an email address, ideally but not necessarily a gmail address, and I'll try to send an invite from the chat window. It's a faster way for some people to have discussions on the game; and in some cases to split off into private threads for plotting!  O:-) )

malize

Aurelius 7 — games
Junius 3 — Knight