Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Uhhh... Have any of you guys seen this Temple to Moloch building?   :o

Or is this one of those rare ones I've heard whispers about?

Gives a +1.00 (!!!) decadence gain, hidden in this screenshot.  This showed up in Carthage on my first turn in a practice campaign.

I've never seen a building with a green border in any of my playthroughs yet....  Just kidding, I guess Monuments have a green border too.  Maybe I just need to dig through the manual to figure out what that means...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

IICptMillerII

Quote from: al_infierno on July 15, 2019, 07:12:42 PM
Uhhh... Have any of you guys seen this Temple to Moloch building?   :o

Or is this one of those rare ones I've heard whispers about?

Gives a +1.00 (!!!) decadence gain, hidden in this screenshot.  This showed up in Carthage on my first turn in a practice campaign.

I've never seen a building with a green border in any of my playthroughs yet....  Just kidding, I guess Monuments have a green border too.  Maybe I just need to dig through the manual to figure out what that means...

I haven't seen that building, but the green border means that it does not take up a building slot.

Gusington

Declared my first war tonight...against the Iberii.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Dacia is back in the game :bd:

A rebellion sprung up in Getae territory[assholes], basically my old regions, a new playa in our little part of the world.........lets all welcome Dardarni. They started with one little territory and are giving Getae hell......alright...go get'um.  So while i'm taking a couple regions back from those pesky Germanic independents[pain in the asses] i'm watching Dardarni and Getae batter each other and cheering on Dardarni...."way to go, kick some Getae ass" so  i figure, hey i'll offer a cooperation treaty to Dardarni, an enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda thing. This whole time i'm gaining and losing regions battling the independents and Getae i'm getting messages from Macedonia  basically saying, your a prick, and your getting what you deserve, i'm paraphrasing here. It was kind of amusing, i mean its not like i can insult them back [assholes] they own most of the map in these parts and are on my border in a couple of places.  So i'm thinking Dardarni will willing accept my cooperation treaty, nope, turned it down. HMMMM....ok i guess. Two turns later Dardarni DOW's me and attacks [assholes]. Well...OK muther fu**er, so i stack up and go traveling. i attack my old capital....oppps..forgot to put a general in place, so i lose a couple of units and retreat. OK, you fu**ing upstart, i reload with a few more units and a general :) and go back, take my old capital and another region........YEA...Dacia has a province again. Now the question comes up on how will i defend what i have gained. I get a couple of timely decisions and sell off some metal for 500 gold and then some manpower for 300 gold, so my troops get payed, and i Que up some more troops. Now i realize i have some troubles on my east and west borders, so after some careful thought i decide to throw a peace treaty at Dardarni with the full intent of double crossing those assholes.

shot of map after Dardarni accepts peace.

This comes the same turn as the peace acceptance, this made me laugh hard.

Turn 100 and i'm still in the fight. i also made peace with Getae after they made the offer, of course i fully intend to stab those assholes in the back when i get the chance. Been working on my economy and planing on clearing out those pesky independents and i'm eyeing that region with the harbor in the east. I've made peace with everyone one but Macedonia, says i have no chance of it being accepted. Galactia got wiped out by Macedonia, good bye good buddies, the only civ in the area that didn't declare war on me.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

One thing this game could use is an in game pedia, especially as it would relate to manufactured goods and how to get them.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

devoncop

Love the write up Budd. :clap:

This game is made for epic stories like this.

Many times already I have seen that the situation for a particular faction is not as rosy as it may seem (nor as bleak as it may seem for another faction).....nations really do rise and fall.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

IICptMillerII

FoG:E got its first official patch today. No major changes, but a lot of little improvements:

QuoteVersion 1.0.2 Changelog

GAMEPLAY
•   Limited population boom events to regions under 25 pops
•   National citizen can never go above 8 unrest each
•   Rome special civil war eased up
•   Periplus decision twice rarer
•   You need to have some legacy to enact the emergency army decision
•   Pyrrhus scenario: if playing SP in easy or balanced, extra income per turn
•   Dacian provincial HI are converted to heavy warband in FOG2
•   Melita town repositioned
•   Fix to endless shuffling in a province not building anything
•   Fix to losing fifth token the turn you evolve
•   Fix to emperor not named in due time
•   Show a sea battlefield for naval battles in dual terrain
•   Fix to 2 late wonders not proposed at a proper date
•   Fix to no pirate raiding possibility under some circumstances
•   The Weird Parade is better than before

AI
•   Less eager dogpiling on countries already at war
•   AI: If under severe threat, AI will be more inclined to disregard the other nation holding some of its objectives
•   AI less aggressive in unbreached assaults
•   Slightly less aggressive AI overall

UI-QoL
•   If Rome can be subject of a civil war, you'll get two advance warnings.
•   If the death of your ruler can lead to a Civil War, you'll get an advance warning
•   Invasions are preceded with an advance warning
•   Added tooltips (English) for visual options, battle export button, message log restore button, multiplayer new game settings.
•   Show only a single progress bar during AI processing.
•   Various minor edits on text typos

MULTIPLAYER
•   Fixed error displaying multiplayer challenge list

MISCELLANEOUS
•   Rare audio crash fixed

For someone like me who plays as Rome a lot, this patch is very appreciated. The advanced warnings to the possibility of civil war, as well as the chances of civil war being slightly reduced is really appreciated. I'm also interested to see how the tweaks to the AI behavior affect gameplay.

Glad to see the game being supported like this just after release. Hoping it stays that way and we eventually see some new features added as well!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

^ Yeah I was wondering about that one, too.   :o
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

How could it possibly be 'better than before?'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2019, 07:02:47 PM
How could it possibly be 'better than before?'

This time BOTH types of camels and a Parade of hot Sabaean Princesses will be present ?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'm OK with that as long as you can tell the difference between the camels and the hot Sabaean princesses.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

Some camels just don't lend themselves to a parade.
With that big rotary engine and two machine guns in the nose, the Sopwith camel was seriously out of balance.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

devoncop

Quote from: besilarius on July 19, 2019, 05:34:56 AM
Some camels just don't lend themselves to a parade.
With that big rotary engine and two machine guns in the nose, the Sopwith camel was seriously out of balance.

Though to be fair a flypast would be much less impressive from a camel of the Bactrian variety than a Sopwith one......