Black Panther

Started by OJsDad, June 10, 2017, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

That answers my question. Thanks Tpek.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Quote from: Tpek on June 15, 2017, 08:01:45 AM
The villain was their idiotic take on Baron/Lord Zemo.
Captain America's nemsis for quite a while in the comics (Zemo was responsible for the death of Bucky, which is why Cap hates him, and cap
superglued [accidentally though] Zemo's silly sock-mask to his face back in the 1940's, which is why Zemo hates him).

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.  Why, because I never read the comics, or at least never got that involved with them to know all of the canon.  So for people like me, I'm fine with what I saw.  From what your saying, this character will be back and we'll learn a lot more about him.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Oh, okay: this guy is actually one of BP's biggest allies! Huh, cool.

Note, despite his last name, no relation to General Thunderbolt Ross (who is his boss in the MCU).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 16, 2017, 11:43:11 AM
Oh, okay: this guy is actually one of BP's biggest allies! Huh, cool.

Note, despite his last name, no relation to General Thunderbolt Ross (who is his boss in the MCU).

Or maybe he is, and it's all nepotism. :P

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

The cap scheduled to die in the next film - can't remember where I read it though

mirth

The working theory is he dies in Infinity War. Chris Evans is at the end of his contract and he's been pretty vocal about not wanting to do the role beyond the current contract. The speculation is that Sebastian Shaw (Bucky) takes over as the next Cap.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

undercovergeek

As in a change of actor or Bucky decides to become the new cap?

JasonPratt

In comics canon Falcon takes over as Cap; so my money is on that. And I'm okay with that, too.

I'd also be okay if they didn't kill Cap off in Infinity War (or not permanently; in the comics lots of heroes died and got brought back because magic stones), but just retired him to run Shield or something. Or retired him as the President. ;)

Just please don't have the Tesseract become a sentient hot teen girl named Tessa who decides to rewrite reality so that Rogers was secretly a Hydra agent the whole time.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 16, 2018, 11:23:57 PM
In comics canon Falcon takes over as Cap; so my money is on that. And I'm okay with that, too.

Bucky does a stint as Cap in the comics.

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 14, 2018, 01:21:12 PM
As in a change of actor or Bucky decides to become the new cap?

The speculation is that Bucky will become the new Cap.

Sir Slash

So, who will be the new Bucky? And how could Bucky be Cap with a giant metal arm with a Soviet Red Star on it? Wouldn't that kind of stand-out? Maybe Stark will have one of his Ironman robots play Cap for awhile. After all he does have the shield. What I'm thinking is that the Steven Rogers they found frozen in ice is really the Red Skull and the real Steve Rogers is still at the North Pole. And really old and shriveled-up and wrinkled. And cold. BTW Do you think Thor and Nick Fury could swap eyepatches? Was it the same eye they both lost? And if they stood side by side, would they be able to see everything around them.... or be totally blind? Lots to ponder here. I better have a drink.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

The nerd is strong with you, my brothers....
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

undercovergeek

Wait what, where's thors eye?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 17, 2018, 02:50:24 AM
Wait what, where's thors eye?

You haven't seen Thor: Ragnarok yet, have you?