Black Panther

Started by OJsDad, June 10, 2017, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

New Trailer was shown last night during the NBA final game.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Please, take my money right now.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

Cool.

Is the crazy white guy going to be Klaw?

EDIT:
From the IMDB page, seems like Andy Sirkis is indeed going to be Klaw.
With The Man-Ape making an appearance as well.

Staggerwing

Wasn't he already in Age of Ultron?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Tpek on June 10, 2017, 03:09:42 PM
Cool.

Is the crazy white guy going to be Klaw?

EDIT:
From the IMDB page, seems like Andy Sirkis is indeed going to be Klaw.
With The Man-Ape making an appearance as well.

If Grape Ape were making an appearance I would definitely see this movie.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

He lost his hand in Age of Ultron so I'm guessing that's where the Klaw-part will come in.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I notice Martin Freeman is returning from his vaguely villainous role in Cap 3. I can't decide if that's interesting or not, but I appreciate the continuity.

Can't say I'm a fan of the music style for the trailer.  :buck2: Glad to see BP on the way, tho!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 12, 2017, 12:22:25 PM
I notice Martin Freeman is returning from his vaguely villainous role in Cap 3. I can't decide if that's interesting or not, but I appreciate the continuity.

Can't say I'm a fan of the music style for the trailer.  :buck2: Glad to see BP on the way, tho!

Villainous? I took at as more of a "I'm a government employee and I don't care you can crush me into paste but I'm going to wave my big dick and you'll listen to me"
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

That man has dealt with government employees before.   :pullhair:

JasonPratt

While I agree that's the take in Cap3, I was thinking of Martin Freeman's own description when being interviewed about who he had been cast as -- which was at the time shrouded in some secrecy. Hiring Freeman for a minor side roll semi-antagonist, seems like overkill.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

I don't remember Freeman in Cap-Am 3...
What did he do there?
Bring a towel? be gay for Cumberbutch? Steal 'Precious'?

Sir Slash

He had a minor role as the new head of the new UN style 'Avengers Management' program as I remember. He also was in charge of the captured bad guys, the Winter Soldier and the guy that cause all the fuss in Capt. 3 Civil War. Funny that all the good guys were kept in an under-ocean fortress-prison but the real bad guys were kept in Freeman's Space where, of course, Winter Soldier escaped easily.  :wow:

Tpek

The villain was their idiotic take on Baron/Lord Zemo.
Captain America's nemsis for quite a while in the comics (Zemo was responsible for the death of Bucky, which is why Cap hates him, and cap
superglued [accidentally though] Zemo's silly sock-mask to his face back in the 1940's, which is why Zemo hates him).

Sir Slash

That's the guy, Zemo. I wonder was Freeman's character ever in the comics? I suspect he'll be somebody important at some point. Maybe one of Thanos' love children?

Tpek