The Expanse (SyFy)

Started by Nefaro, December 15, 2015, 01:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

It is shaping up as a pretty good series.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

I take back what I said about the hipster cop and his hipster hat.  After seeing his haircut, he should definitely keep the hat on.

SirAndrewD

So, SyFy cancelled this today. 

Anyone still watching?  I thought it was honestly a great show.  The episode this week was totally seat of your pants. 

I jinxed it though, I told my wife while we were watching "You know, if SyFy cancels this before the story is done, I'm going to go and fling my poo at their office building".

Here's hoping Netflix picks it up.  The reviews were strong enough.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Netflix SHOULD do Firefly. :(

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on May 11, 2018, 07:59:51 PM
Bring back Firefly!!!!

If Firefly was cancelled today, it probably would've been brought back.  Modern streaming pretty well means there's always a chance for something to get an extended lease on life. 

The Expanse's production company, Alcorn, actually responded to the cancellation with a press statement saying they're sad "their run on SyFy had ended" and looked forward to the show's future elsewhere.  They seem pretty confident it'll keep going, but that could be corporatespeak.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

BanzaiCat

If we can have five Sharknado movies, we can have more than one *$#(% season of Firefly.  >:(

SirAndrewD

There is no way any of the Firefly cast or Whedon would work with Adam Baldwin again.

And the JJ Prise?  HERESY!

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 11, 2018, 08:47:42 PM
this speaks for itself

I don't recognize that. What is it from?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

SirAndrewD