Touch Panzer Campaigns is now available in the Google Play Store

Started by Compass Rose, September 14, 2013, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compass Rose

John Tiller Software just released a mobile version of the hugely popular PC series Panzer Campaigns for Android OS, called Panzer Campaigns:Panzer.

This is a mobile version of the hugely popular PC series Panzer Campaigns. This first release takes you through several hypothetical scenarios on the East Front as a German Panzer commander and introduces you to both the basics of the Panzer Campaigns game engine and also the unique mobile interface. Following this free release, there will be additional releases in this series each representing a smaller mobile version of the corresponding PC game.

Panzer Campaigns is a detailed turn-based simulation of operational warfare from World War II. It includes detailed rules and combat resolution but has a simple interface that allows the player to focus on strategy and tactics. A wide variety of unit types are represented including infantry, tanks, artillery, and engineers. This version has 18 scenarios particularly suitable for mobile devices including 12 "Panzer School" scenarios designed to introduce you to the basics of World War II warfare.

While this version of Panzer Campaigns will run on large-format Android phones, it is best on an Android tablet with screen size of 7 inches or more.

There are absolutely no ads in this free version. Apple version to follow.

Download it at the Google Play Store, "Panzer Campaigns" and play now.

Staggerwing

Is this based on the 'Mius' campaign game that was also free?

I recently ordered a refurbished Nook HD Plus so I can turn it into a full android tablet and play those games not available for my iPad. It was an awesome deal ($109) but I knew going in that it would be about 8 weeks before I get my hands on it. I wonder which arrive come first, the iOS version or my tablet.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

GDS_Starfury

I grabbed Air Power as well.  now I just need the time to mess around with them.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Tuna

This is great finally we can play a 'real' strategy on Android, this will get me back into these games (they're kind of not high on the PC list, because since there's so much other stuff for PCs)..

Wish Matrix would make an Android version of BA...

lol.. thanks for posting this here, even it it may have been a mistake, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it!  8)

Compass Rose

Quote from: Tuna on September 14, 2013, 06:21:52 PM
lol.. thanks for posting this here, even it it may have been a mistake, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it!  8)

Knowing that there are HPS/JTS PzC fans that follow this forum, I decided to post this info here, in addition to the Mobile Gaming forum, otherwise alot of guys would never know!   :)

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tuna

Quote from: Compass Rose on September 14, 2013, 06:28:23 PM
Quote from: Tuna on September 14, 2013, 06:21:52 PM

Knowing that there are HPS/JTS PzC fans that follow this forum, I decided to post this info here, in addition to the Mobile Gaming forum, otherwise alot of guys would never know!   :)

Appreciate, cause usually, I'm in the general area.. I don't bother with Mobile, cause there's nothing 'good' for Android.. until now!.. I hope their prices are reasonable on the paid version, if so, I think they will do well!

panzerde

Tried it this morning.  Very playable once you get used to the touch conventions, which may have been taken a tad too literally from the PC game engine.  At least I found movement to be a bit of a pain at times.

Otherwise, this is Panzer Campaigns.  Combining these new Tiller games with some Kindle titles on military history (Maps of Antietam is sweet on a tablet!) and you have a very nice grog device.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Rizik6

I hope this will be put on Amazon Android so it can be played on the Fire.

Tuna

Rogo727

Staggerwing

Quote from: Rizik6 on September 16, 2013, 11:53:23 AM
I hope this will be put on Amazon Android so it can be played on the Fire.

I don't own an android tablet (yet- I have on on order) but I believe there is a way to get Google Store (or whatever it's called) items onto a Kindle tablet through a process called 'side loading'. Lots of info on google.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

yes its free but I think it might be better for a tablet then a phone.  at least my fingers think so.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.