Close Combat-the blood first

Started by LoganismyHERO, August 09, 2019, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

From watching some youtube videos I have to say I do not like the sound in CCtBF. It is just all at one very high level like everything is happening right next to you. No sense of distance or position from it at all.

Thomm

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 09, 2019, 07:04:37 PM
reading the old 2d maps was an art.

All necessary info was available in the map data back then.

Maybe this works:

With the new contour lines and the LOS tool, (beautiful) 2D maps would still be good enough for me.

That being said, the game looks quite nice as it is.

Best regards,
Thomm

Thomm

SirAndrewD

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on October 07, 2019, 12:18:00 PM
Reviews on Steam are much worse than what you all are saying about the game. Matrix forums aren't that much better.

They are not inaccurate. 

I really liked what I saw early on in playing.   But as soon as I got anything more complex than putting infantry on the defensive, and even worse employing any sort of AFV, I was really really not happy.

I was so unhappy that I asked for and weirdly received a refund, even though it was outside some of the typical Steam perimeters.

I might buy and revisit later after a lot of patching.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

LoganismyHERO

The more I read about this game I'm so glad I didn't plunk down the $40. I'll get this one for sure, but not until it's on sale, modded heavily and patched. I do thank you deep pocket folks who give their opinions on the game. Saves me a lot of aggravation  :notworthy:

trek

New patch V1.01 is up over a Matrix. Fixes save game problem, armor gunnery accuracy and "too steep angle" problem among a few others.

The smoking lamp is lit. That is all.

smittyohio

Quote from: trek on October 10, 2019, 01:49:16 PM
New patch V1.01 is up over a Matrix. Fixes save game problem, armor gunnery accuracy and "too steep angle" problem among a few others.

The smoking lamp is lit. That is all.

Just odd that if these problems were so easy to fix, why on Earth did they release it before they were fixed?  They had to know they'd get roundly thrashed for these obvious issues.  It wasn't like they hadn't been pointed out prior to release.

Destraex

Did anybody continue with this game? Did it get better?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Surtur

We have a patch in the works which fixes a number of issues. We expect to release it later this week (1.0.4). More will follow :)

Changes since 1.0.2 (current live version)

• Fix for issuing rendering unit icon connectors on low end video hardware.
• Fix for possible negative estimated range at extremely short ranges.
• Fixed issue where some terrain objects were not always applying their terrain effects across their entire area.
• Turreted vehicles should no longer get stuck with 'WRONG FACING' status for the gunner.
• Higher visual quality LOS tool option added to game options.
• Unit Defend and Ambush order arcs are no longer hit-tested when you are in the middle of giving an order.
• Dead soldiers and vehicles are no longer hit tested when you are in the middle of giving an order.
• Steam and GOG versions now correctly remember your multiplayer lobby password.
• If a potential mismatch between weapons occurs in mutliplayer the game logs a warning and attempts to continue rather than throwing a fatal error.
• Towed guns no longer experience incorrect 'STEEP ANGLE' situations after loading an in-battle save game.
• Theoretical kill chance calculations now correct when evaluating the left side of target vehicle.
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

JasonPratt

I think I'm okay with the flat black skybox -- gives the whole thing a tabletop look.

Ambient sounds missing, though? Am I imagining a memory, or didn't even CC2's original release have ambient sounds?

The effective ranges / accuracies are really weird, though I guess that had to be done for the map size. (As a lot of games do, though this seems extreme.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Surtur

There might be a little bit of it going on (our maps are quite small), but nothing extreme. We had a couple of bugs with accuracy not being properly adjusted with each shot. So instead of first one wide, second one close, third one hit (for example), they kept shooting wide. This has been addressed with the initial patches.

For infantry, it is a matter of survivability. A well placed machine gun can kill multiple soldiers before they realise what is going on, but in cover, they are very hard to hit.

- Surtur

MikeGER

Hi Surtur , i missed you and JDM missing out at the Spiel in Essen this year ? ???

would have loved to talk about CC TBF  (and other projects)

for those who want to play the upcoming patches in open beta, there is an option at Steam to opt in.
so you always have the latest version (but i would not start a great campaign with a beta other then for testing)
but für my self created scenarios its perfect  :) 

Surtur

Hi Mike!

Yes, unfortunately we were not present this year, it would have been nice to chat and catch up :)

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 29, 2019, 08:32:25 AM
I think I'm okay with the flat black skybox -- gives the whole thing a tabletop look.

Ambient sounds missing, though? Am I imagining a memory, or didn't even CC2's original release have ambient sounds?

The effective ranges / accuracies are really weird, though I guess that had to be done for the map size. (As a lot of games do, though this seems extreme.)

imo this should be the type of game where there is no adjustment to how weapons work because of the map scale.
if you fuck up you pay the price.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Agreed.

Hopefully modders will fix this.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!