Honest Trailers

Started by mirth, October 24, 2013, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

They were kinda nitpicky with that one.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Agreed. I liked it but it was a bit of a stretch in the Humor Dept.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I'm a little surprised they did one already; they usually wait until the DVD/Blu is out, which it isn't yet.

Edited to add: oh, it's already out on demand like at Amazon Video. Jeez, it isn't even available for pre-order yet at Amazon on disc, and the thing releases next week!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on August 15, 2017, 08:37:00 PM
They were kinda nitpicky with that one.

They're always nitpicky, though...that's their schtick. I thought it was spot-on, but then again, I liked GotG2 a lot. I didn't notice most of those nitpicks while watching it.

mirth

The trailer was good. They were very nitpicky in the commentary they did for it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Ah, I gotcha. I just started drinking too late in the day.

Sir Slash

Maybe Honest Trailer should do an Honest Trailer of Honest Trailers. As opposed to 'Honest Trailer Parks' which is on HGTV I think.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Barthheart

mirth

JasonPratt

^^ I love that movie like cake, but they are not wrong. WOOOO!

True story, my best friend and I went to the opening weekend... omg 20 years ago... and the film self-destructed five minutes from the end when one of the speedboats was destructively ramping a police boat. Which we thought was appropriate albeit disappointing!

(The manager gave everyone a free ticket so we came back the next day to watch it again, enjoyed it just as much the next time.  :bd: )

Too bad JW hasn't done much since his awesome Red Cliff duology several years ago. Hope his health is okay.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

That was better than the movie by a Saturday-Night Mile.

JasonPratt

Come with me to a place where everything that can go Kong, will go Kong!

...that line from the review sounded so different in my head before I typed it out...  :wow: :timeout:

Edited to add: filled with critiques from the director himself!! -- unlike when he complained about CinemaSins, I guess.

mirth

He's basically Gorilla Batman, right?  :DD

JasonPratt

The director is still wrong about the helicopter numbers working out though. There's ONE large helicopter coming out of the back of the ship. And enough room underneath for the same number as on the deck (assuming more are tucked in there.) He should have just had more cargo ships.

Ballsy for him to contribute though -- I'd do that, too! More directors should.  O0