What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You don't want to keep it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

No, I'll probably never get around to reading it again.... because I can't read any faster.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You're welcome. I got it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have 1000s of books. As I post what I read, feel free to pipe up if it's something you want.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

'The Secret War,' by Max Hastings
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Picked it up at a local bookstore today. I'm pretty psyched.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Max Hastings has written some of the best history ever.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2017, 08:01:50 PM
Max Hastings has written some of the best history ever.

Complete agreement. He's a master.

Gusington

One day when I have time I want to read his books on WWI. He's written on the Korean War and the Falklands War too, which I just found out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And a book on Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland...he is a prolific mofo.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

The Falklands book is truly a masterpiece. I've read it several times.

I have his Korea book as well. Could be time to give it another read.

Gusington

I thought he was older than ~70.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

He's been writing for such a long time, you kinda expect him to be older.