MetalDog

Who could ask for anything more?

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 21, 2017, 02:42:46 PM
The Number 1 single of 1967

sadly, it's an awful song.

her cover of "Feelin' Alright" is the bomb-shizzle, tho - one of the best covers of all time
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

bayonetbrant

Always liked The Donnas. 

What I'd love to see some time is a girl playing guitar in a band that's not all girls.  We've had bass players (Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Pixies) but it's really rare to see girls playing lead in a band that's not all girls (Donnas, Go-Go's, L7, Phantom Blue, Runaways)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

I was crazyabout this belgian garage band around 1990.  The had a female lead guitar and female bass player (picture), rest of the band were guys.

And then there is Chantel McGregor :

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2017, 08:53:18 AM
I was crazyabout this belgian garage band around 1990.  The had a female lead guitar and female bass player (picture), rest of the band were guys.

Very cool O0

Thanks for helping me find someone who breaks the mold I was complaining about :)

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2017, 08:53:18 AMAnd then there is Chantel McGregor

She's awesome.  Bawb's shared stuff from her before, too.

bob48

I have indeed. She is fantastic.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Pete Dero

Quote from: bob48 on October 23, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

She could write you a little thank you note.

I might be the only one in belgium with her 2 cd's (imported them via amazon.uk after learning about her on this forum).
She's always welcome at my place to sign them ...

BanzaiCat

Time to harsh someone's mellow

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2017, 12:43:26 PM
Thanks for helping me find someone who breaks the mold I was complaining about :)

And there is more :

bob48

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2017, 02:46:35 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 23, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

She could write you a little thank you note.

I might be the only one in belgium with her 2 cd's (imported them via amazon.uk after learning about her on this forum).
She's always welcome at my place to sign them ...

She is actually doing more gigs outside of the UK. If you go to her website, you can check on where she is playing.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

trailrunner

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2017, 05:01:54 AM

I saw the Donnas at the 930 Club in DC.  Might've been around 2004-2006.

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2017, 03:22:33 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2017, 12:43:26 PM

And there is more :

You can never go wrong with The Alabama Shakes!  Brittney sounds like Janis Joplin.  And she plays a mean ass git box.

MetalDog

You may not always agree with what I include in the Brackets, but, I occasionally save you from stuff, too.