Questions and requests

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Ok guys I can understand things look a little daunting, BUT
-Gus indeed I could roll a random force for you and you could just focus on blasting your opponents to bits, if that helps?

-A company consist of three Lances, each Lance consists of four Machines.
The way the battles will work is that we generally have ONE of your Lances doing something against an opponent. So you control 4 units in a given battle.
The fact that we already have a company under control per player gives us more variety and more hooks for narrative.

-MegaMek does work with any force size, so you could play one Mech, but that will be underwhelming and getting everyone together at the same time to team up will be impossible.
So the battles will be Lance vs Lance generally (perhaps a few attached units) and player vs player or player vs bot if schedules dont match.

-Again, if you (anyone) don't care for rolling up a force yourself and just want to play battles with whatever force and personnel you get and learn along the way what the possibilities are for perhaps a next campaign that is perfectly fine! Just say so and I'll roll up your force.

-So don't worry! I know most are new and I know how complex the game can become. We WILL take it slow. :D

-That said, if one really thinks one can't put in the time its better to say so now. I am HAPPY to spend lots of time in this, but its a little of a cockblocker when things stall for long periods.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

Ok Ysk, I have my command team rolled up. Not sure if it's 100% correct but i'll post them up in a bit and work on rolling the rest of the lances. I should have it all done this weekend.

It seems MekHQ gives a lot more information than MegaMek when rolling up characters.

Sorry about falling behind on this.

Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Not to worry! I'll review your crew.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 17, 2018, 08:32:34 AM
Not to worry! I'll review your crew.

Cool, thanks. Question - i was trying to create my mechwarrior without a mech and couldn't figure out how to do that in MegaMek. So i went to MechHQ to just buy one but didn't have funds. Should I do that for him and my support staff?

I'm not around much in the evenings the next two days but if it is something quick (or if you can generate them) then I think my company is set.

Thanks for the work on this, I'm really looking forward to it!

Yskonyn

When creating forces and setting up in MekHQ be sure to press the GM button.
You can freely add and change forces without money.

jamus34

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 17, 2018, 09:18:41 AM
When creating forces and setting up in MekHQ be sure to press the GM button.
You can freely add and change forces without money.

Thanks.  I did do that to edit some things. I shall try again.

Yskonyn

Your company looks good, although those 6+ piloting skill guys will be tough to handle.
I suggest you swap an ability point to improve the stat, unless you have some roleplaying reason to keep it this way of course.

If you could export your personnel file for me, I'll be able to create your company in the master MekHQ.
Don't bother with the Mechs, I'll add them manually.

Are you happy with random pics for your warriors or do you want to choose manually?

jamus34

Yeah it seemed like MegaMek wasn't randomizing them?  Not sure what or if I did something wrong there. I'm fine if you want to re-roll them (in all honesty I'm not sure what dice combo is used); just let me know and I can update my character sheets.

I'm ok with random pictures. I figured I was taking so long getting this generated I didn't want to bog down picking pictures.

Yskonyn

I'll tweak your guys.
Export as csv file and send it to me please : yskonyn (at) gmail (dot) com

jamus34

Hey Ysk, did you receive my email?

Yskonyn

Yskonyn

For some weird reason my MekHQ has decided to not load anymore. If I click the executable nothing happens.
MegaMek loads fine so it doesn't appear to be a Java issue.
I have overwritten the executable with a backup, but no joy. Any suggestions?

jamus34

I've had happen too. Typically I just reboot and it seems to work.

But in reality I've no idea.

Yskonyn

It fixed itself indeed. Weird.

I am running intro trouble getting your personnel imported. MekHQ exports a .CSV file, but imports a .PRSX file. I am calling the helpdesk on this, so standby.
Once I have imported your personnel and have added your Mechs we can start the campaign.
The other companies can be created on the fly. This way we can get the campaign under way, cause we're due for some action by now! :)

What will happen is that we'll roll for contracts. Our officers will then have to decide for which faction we want to work (depending on Salvage rights, contract length, attached units, etc). When we have decided we will need to fly to our destination. In the mean time we can start ordering parts and munitions which will take several days or weeks to be delivered.

We don't have a JumpShip (not many Merc outfits have them), so we are dependant on our contractor's transport for now.

Yskonyn

Jamus please export your personnel in a different manner. Its confusing and I couldn't figure it out either, but someone with more experience helped out:

In the personnel tab in MekHQ, select all your personnel and then right click to choose to export as .psrx
Send that to me please. Sorry for the hassle.