Main Menu

Here's to FRIDAY

Started by Martok, December 15, 2017, 03:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Since I'm having some problems with Steam at the moment, am planning to spend more time with the titles in my GOG library this weekend:  Age of Wonders III, Imperium Galactica II, Neverwinter Nights (am feeling inspired by the other thread), and Imperialism II are only a few of the games that sound appealing right now.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Dammit Carl!

The Division's sweet siren call continues to bedevil me. I'm wrapping the core missions up and so very near unlocking the "Underground," DLC finally.

Being a Mosin packin' hipster has never been so much fun.

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 15, 2017, 05:07:01 AM
The Division's sweet siren call continues to bedevil me. I'm wrapping the core missions up and so very near unlocking the "Underground," DLC finally.

Being a Mosin packin' hipster has never been so much fun.

Mosin sounds good.  I hope to be trying out new varieties of planes in the CLOD extension and maybe some World of Warships and Rome II 270 AD things.

Nefaro

Dunno if gaming apathy or just indecisiveness lately.  Bit of both?  #:-)

Schizophrenic possibilities:

- DCS Air Quake in the Mirage, F-5, MiG-21, Su-27, and/or F-15 ?

- Field Of Glory 2 campaigning ?

- historical Total War campaign of some sort ?

- Dominions 5 campaigning, if the initial bug patch flurry is ending ?

- try Skyrim, Fallout, or one of numerous other games on my big tv via Steam Link & Steam Controller, with likely controller tweaking involved ?

- say "Fob it!" and start the learning process on one of many unplayed tabletop games ?

The winds of whims change every time I think about it.

Sodden with first world problems.   :)) 

MetalDog

This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed.  No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice.  I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless.  Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up.  Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Project Cars 2
DCS 1.5 with the AV-8B
More of my Battle of Britain:Eagle AAR
Alba gu' brath

Cyrano

JTS Jena (x2) -- the tactical battle with Doug has been one of my most memorable non face-to-face gaming experiences.

Playtesting stuff (x3)

Jena KS -- October 18-19 could prove decisive...or not.

FoG II Holiday tournament -- I do get the criticisms some have shared about this game but, for me, it goes to the desert island.

Battle of Britain -- The big map came.  And is big.  And awesome.  And it comes with toy planes.  Hee.

Script memorization -- this is harder as one ages.  Self-evident one might think, but really hard to accept nonetheless.  Still, great mental exercise.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

Fresh off of my spectacular, "Minor Victory" in To End All Wars: the 1915 Serbian Campaign, seriously, seems to be my only possible outcome in this game, I will be spending some quality time with Age of Charlemagne TW where I can get a tactical fix for a change. And build a new Wine Press.  :bd:  Maybe I will raise a new army of expert warriors and call them, "The GrogHeads of the Apocalypse". That should scare the shit out of all my enemies.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^That scares me.

I will be playing more AssCreed: Rogue. Got to pilot a man o'war in combat last night! It was fab.

ASSCREED

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Lots of nieces this weekend, so unsure.

On the other hand, lots of nieces this weekend, so  :smitten:

Warhammer: Man-o-war just released its (free) Bretonnian campaign (or Imperial for those who prefer a more Germanic WH experience), and I'm seriously thinking about looking into that. Once I beat Hand of Fate at last, presumably. More than halfway through, which is farther than I've had the concentration to get before.  :crazy2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Damn I forgot all about Man o War. Is it a full release now or is it early access?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed.  No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice.  I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless.  Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up.  Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks.  No chance of fighting them off? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

spelk

I'll leave this here...

We solve it.

I'll be mainly dabbling in Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, some The Division, Caves of Qud, and with a smidge of luck some more TOAWIV.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2017, 02:00:14 PM
Damn I forgot all about Man o War. Is it a full release now or is it early access?

Full release, v1.3. A few little bits of cosmetic DLC, plus an artbook. Not on sale atm, $30, but worth the price. New content on a timely basis. (There's a Slaanesh campaign, too, maybe others. Also you can start freelance and earn your way into what amounts to a campaign start.)

How I haven't played this game to death already is beyond my understanding. Too many shiny things.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!