Shooting in New York City

Started by Labbug, October 31, 2017, 03:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostryder

Quote from: acctingman on November 01, 2017, 08:36:12 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 01, 2017, 08:30:28 AM
QuoteA 29-year-old man, an Uzbek immigrant, was shot and injured by police as he left the vehicle. He is under arrest.

The suspect, named by media as Sayfullo Saipov, reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") as he left the truck. Mr Cuomo said he was radicalised in the US.

Emphasis mine. "Reportedly shouted"  ::)

Where he was radicalized doesn't matter. Like Cuomo is saying that so people don't look negatively at Muslim immigrants?

This is what I fear. There is going to be more hatred thrown at Muslim immigrants who are here trying to have a normal, healthy and productive life. They are going to be looked at with disgust and anger. I fear there will be (more) hate crimes incoming.

Perhaps that fear will inspire the moderate Muslims you mention to finally take action -- as THIS is their religion being taken hostage and therefore their problem that only they can solve. Christians and Catholics reformed their's ions ago and it's far past time Muslims do the same. As the Hate starts within and is being taught-- so enough excuses already. the rest of us are doing what comes logically and naturally-- protecting and defending ourselve-- and if that mean we blanket screen anyone who is muslim then that's how it has to be---and perhaps when they get tired enough of the stegma branded on them they're find mostly it's deserved---as they sit on their hands and do nothing but complain to us westerners when in fact they need to start complaining to their eastern counterparts.

Gusington

There have been a few large scale marches lately by normal Muslims against radicals and ISIS, particularly in the UK (Manchester, London). So not all of them are totally silent anymore.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

QuoteA 29-year-old man, an Uzbek immigrant, was shot and injured by police as he left the vehicle. He is under arrest.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/11/europe/stockholm-terror-attack-rakhmat-akilov/index.html

Looks a lot like the terrorist attack in Stockholm earlier this year :

The man suspected of the Stockholm truck attack has admitted to carrying out a "terrorist crime", his lawyer said.
At a hearing in the Swedish capital on Tuesday, the lawyer for Rakhmat Akilov, a 39 year-old from the central Asian republic of Uzbekistan, said that his client accepted his continued detention.

ghostryder

Quote from: Gusington on November 01, 2017, 01:23:51 PM
There have been a few large scale marches lately by normal Muslims against radicals and ISIS, particularly in the UK (Manchester, London). So not all of them are totally silent anymore.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than that. Look at the scope of the problem. it's top to bottom. If you doubt that ask yourself how many books are there out there about Jesus. How many books are out there about such and such Christian leader or Catholic. how many movies. How many documentaries.

Now ask yourself how many...if any...books on Muhammad? Can you name more than a handful? Why.. I'll tell you why. Fear. You'd be killed.

It starts with the religion and it's not ending until that religion reforms. And as long as Muslims refuse to do that they're going to have to live with the fact we westerners cannot blindly just let them stroll across our borders.

Gusington

^Not sure what you're trying to say. If the problem really was top to bottom with Muslims then there would be mass chaos, slaughter, every day between religions. There isn't. I do agree that Muslims can do more to fight/destroy ISIS, though.

And a quick search for Muhammed (the prophet) on Amazon brought up 3,552 titles. A search for Jesus Christ brought up 85,000 titles. Big difference, but if you want to read about Muhammed, there are 1000s of titles to choose from.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: ghostryder on November 01, 2017, 02:49:16 PM

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than that. Look at the scope of the problem. it's top to bottom. If you doubt that ask yourself how many books are there out there about Jesus. How many books are out there about such and such Christian leader or Catholic. how many movies. How many documentaries.

Now ask yourself how many...if any...books on Muhammad? Can you name more than a handful? Why.. I'll tell you why. Fear. You'd be killed.

It starts with the religion and it's not ending until that religion reforms. And as long as Muslims refuse to do that they're going to have to live with the fact we westerners cannot blindly just let them stroll across our borders.
Please do not speak for me  :-X
Alba gu' brath

joram

Or me.  And there wasn't anything blind about letting him into the country.  He was radicalized here. 

Arctic Blast

Quote from: ghostryder on November 01, 2017, 11:37:47 AM
Quote from: acctingman on November 01, 2017, 08:36:12 AM

The suspect, named by media as Sayfullo Saipov, reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") as he left the truck. Mr Cuomo said he was radicalised in the US.

Emphasis mine. "Reportedly shouted"  ::)

Where he was radicalized doesn't matter. Like Cuomo is saying that so people don't look negatively at Muslim immigrants?

This is what I fear. There is going to be more hatred thrown at Muslim immigrants who are here trying to have a normal, healthy and productive life. They are going to be looked at with disgust and anger. I fear there will be (more) hate crimes incoming.

Perhaps that fear will inspire the moderate Muslims you mention to finally take action -- as THIS is their religion being taken hostage and therefore their problem that only they can solve. Christians and Catholics reformed their's ions ago and it's far past time Muslims do the same. As the Hate starts within and is being taught-- so enough excuses already. the rest of us are doing what comes logically and naturally-- protecting and defending ourselve-- and if that mean we blanket screen anyone who is muslim then that's how it has to be---and perhaps when they get tired enough of the stegma branded on them they're find mostly it's deserved---as they sit on their hands and do nothing but complain to us westerners when in fact they need to start complaining to their eastern counterparts.

It might help if we'd stop sending billions of dollars worth of arms to the Saudis and our other 'allies' who keep fomenting extremism and violence...oh, that's right, they're our 'friends'.  ::)

MikeGER

There have been a few large scale marches lately by normal Muslims against radicals and ISIS, particularly in the UK (Manchester, London).
That's correct there where some protest and call for peace by some groups also in Berlin 

the problem is:
1.) Sunni Islam is splintered in all kind of shades. there is no central (even moral) authority.
Every single imam preach his own interpretation. So one group even in the same neighborhood cant speak for another around the next corner.

Also there are dynamic processes.
A mosque known for been "moderate" for years can sudden change into a radical one when a traveling guest-imam stayed there for some time and forms a splinter group of radicals inside the existing community.
the problem here is that the still a majority at that time of moderate Muslims in the very mosque, don't report the formation of the new subsplinters who now had started holding (more clandestine) lectures in private rooms with their beloved traveling guest-imam.

those moderate Muslims has to answer the question why they invited that guest-imam from the start anyway, and also didn't chased him of their mosque-property when hearing his radical preaching for the firs time?
My personal conclusion: they secretly admire his views but are to settled-in and feed-up in our western life convenience to follow his rally atm but they surly liked what they had heard.   

2.)  in the Western World we have the common agreement that:
All men are equal, and should be treated with the same law of basic moral ethics. no one is superior by definition (no masterrace n' stuff) and believes are a private thing for an individual to choose free and also change. there is no strong interweave between state and religion and state-laws and religious-laws.  state laws rules over religious additional laws, that a single individual may choose or choose not to follow also, if that did not break the state laws of course   

while Islam divides the people into believers and unbelievers and but also demands different ethics to be used when dealing with unbelievers. Tolerance, Equality, and freedom of choice of the individual is not in their book.
(example:  in the West its 'a sin' or 'a crime' if you trick any! person.
in Islam its only a sin if you trick a fellow Muslim. It's ok, or even can be seen as 'a good work in the eye of God' if you betray an unbeliever.) 
...its akin to fascism concepts

That is the main underlying difference which makes Islam incompatible to the West.
and this incompatibility will not go away!

Gusington

I am no Islamic scholar by any means. I can only judge the Muslims I have met. And unless they were hiding a dagger behind their back, the Muslims I have met personally were/are very normal people who have no Islamofascist tendency. It's self defeating to say that there's a terrorist under every bed...there are relatively few of them and the chances of getting hurt or killed in an attack carried out by a Muslim terrorist are lower than getting struck by lightning.

The media do not help the situation, though...but then again it has become their job to spread panic and fear.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2017, 08:03:12 AM
The media do not help the situation, though...but then again it has become their job to spread panic and fear.

And sell us things in between those messages of panic and fear.

mirth

That's how I ended up with my counter trimmer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

What about that nose hair trimmer?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'm giving that to you for Hanukkah.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus