The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

I think it hit 80F today in DC. 

I had to walk to a meeting near the Navy Yard in the afternoon and I was sweating.  Never expected that in February. 

Rode my bike to work in the morning in shorts and short sleeve jersey.  Never expected that in February.

Now it looks like we have four days of off and on rain coming up.  Should last through the weekend.  Just like last weekend.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Toonces

Heh.  Well we didn't see anything like 70s here; I think the high was in the low 50's.  Just insane fog the last two days.

It looks like colder and much wetter the next few days here, but no snow, no ice.  I can deal with that.  But the fog the last two days...wow.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Officially 81 degrees on my drive home yesterday. An inch of sleet on the ride home today.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The difference a day makes huh? If 'Hot Hail' turns-up tomorrow, it could be Ming the Merciless at work. Could be.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Damn!  40cm of snow in 10 hours last night.  Definitely got the cardio workout in just trying to clear walkways at work last night.  Calling for more snow tonight and tomorrow as well.  Damn you Al Gore!

BanzaiCat

You'd get a better cardio workout re-playing the Battle of Endor using Star Wars Armada minis!  :D