Walking dead season 8

Started by ghostryder, October 25, 2017, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 13, 2017, 09:18:27 AM
How often have you ever seen realistic munitions in a TV show or movie?  Ever?

The A-Team.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

Quote from: bbmike on December 13, 2017, 08:48:43 AM
My favorite is how Negan is the first out of the truck and just walks into enemy territory. I mean, how many times could they have just shot him and be done with it?  :D

Yeah, and how Negan decides to fight Rick 1-on-1.  You'd think Negan would have a half-dozen thugs with him, but no -- he fights him by himself.  Or that Negan would waste so much of his time waiting for Rick in the house when it wasn't even a sure thing that Rick would return to the house.

ghostryder

Quote from: mirth on December 13, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 13, 2017, 09:18:27 AM
How often have you ever seen realistic munitions in a TV show or movie?  Ever?

The A-Team.

I think the first movie i remember was 'Heat'. Al Pacino was the cop and Robert de niro the crook. There was a scene after a bank robbery and Pacino is exchanging gunfire with the robbers on the street amongst traffic. the semi autos shot like semi-autos but more importantly the cars weren't exploding left and right...another hollywood thing about cars getting shot. After that it got more common but still rare, but generally most war movies after that got it. saving private Ryan, Band of Brothers...etc.

trailrunner

Some TV shows get the gunplay correctly.  Micheal Mann has a good reputation for getting it right.

ghostryder

ghostryder

Gusington

That gunfight in Heat is one of the best ever.

I also don't understand how someone, anyone, hasn't taken out Negan with a shot to the head yet...not sure if I will continue watching in February.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ghostryder

Well since Rick and everybody ends up in the sewer....quite literally I think at this point all that needs to happen is Negan's people Flush their toilets ....every toilet....1.....2.....3.......! :hide:

bbmike

^lol. And that's another thing. Wouldn't someone notice all of the large, convenient sewer openings around and think, "hmm, maybe they went down there"?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak