Decades Feeder Bracket - 1996 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, October 15, 2017, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I am going to go on record from the start of this Bracket, I am not happy with the way the seeding went down.  I like all of the songs.  The problem is, I changed the seedings and the order of inclusion a BUNCH of times.  I'm still not happy with what I chose or how I played them off, but, I trust that you folks will figure it out.  You always do.  And for that, I thank you.  Hope this Bracket gives you as much consternation as its given me.   :crazy2:

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

You sir, sucketh a giant schlong.

6-11, 8-9, and 5-12 are all impossible, but 7-10 you put one of my all-time favorites up against a song that helped get me thru my divorce.

On the plus side, 2-15 might be one of the easiest ones ever
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Anyone who doesn't vote for Clapton deserves a beatin  :knuppel2:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

It really is.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 15, 2017, 02:44:45 PM

6-11, 8-9, and 5-12 are all impossible, but 7-10 you put one of my all-time favorites up against a song that helped get me thru my divorce.

Consider it a favor for all tha bitchin' ya' did early  ;)   :bd:

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on October 15, 2017, 05:27:25 PM
It really is.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 15, 2017, 02:44:45 PM

Consider it a favor for all tha bitchin' ya' did early  ;)   :bd:

Then why did you include it?

MetalDog

Didn't mean to catch up the bit on the 7-10.  Went crazy with the bold.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on October 15, 2017, 03:22:51 PM

Can't do it, man. For personal reasons I despise that damn song.

bayonetbrant

nope

Quote from: mirth on October 15, 2017, 03:23:53 PM
Please. That's one of his worst songs.

this.  1 billion times this
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 15, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

nope

Quote from: mirth on October 15, 2017, 03:23:53 PM
Please. That's one of his worst songs.

this.  1 billion times this

A drunk, double amputee Clapton is still better than the Galleger brothers on their best day. Which ironically was this song.
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: jamus34 on October 16, 2017, 01:27:14 PM
A drunk, double amputee Clapton is still better than the Galleger brothers on their best day. Which ironically was this song.

he's a better musician.  but give a great musician a shitty song, and you get "Change the World" or "I Just Called to Say I Love You" or anything from the "Invisible Touch" album

mirth

I was going to try to defend Invisible Touch, but I cannot.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Really funny moment from "If It Makes You Happy" when I was back in the Army

We had a Walkman spliced into the tank's intercom system (not hard to do) and would put on some music for road marches or whenever we were just sitting around waiting for shit to happen.

We had "If It Makes You Happy" on one of the cassettes, and when she go to the line "I'm not the kind of girl you take home" I keyed the intercom and asked "how does she know she's not the kind of girl I'd take home?"
My gunner, SGT Short, didn't miss a beat.  He came back over the intercom right away. "Sir, what she means is that she's not the kind of girl who'd go home with you."

zing

bayonetbrant

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 16, 2017, 01:45:34 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 16, 2017, 01:42:16 PM
I was going to try to defend Invisible Touch, but I cannot.

wise move

heh. I double-checked the song list. There's nothing to defend.