SDR vs Barthheart in Wing Leader Supremacy

Started by Barthheart, October 14, 2017, 07:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Well here we go again. Up in the wild blue yonder with agile killing machines.

This time it's Russians (me) flying against the Germans (SDR) in Ukraine in 1944. Lovely July day, not many clouds in the sky.
I'm trying to bomb troops and a bunker while SDR is trying to bomb my troops and generally blast my planes.

We're playing on VASSAL again, PBEM. So some screen shots will be easy to post for your enjoyment of our flailing about the sky.

The game starts like this:

(click for larger view)

One of my Yak-9 squadrons has a tally on a flight of Bf109G. This will allow me to enter into a dog fight with them. All my other squadrons are busy flying to their targets.

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on October 14, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
Well here we go again. Up in the wild blue yonder with agile killing machines.

This time it's Russians (me) flying against the Germans (SDR) in Ukraine in 1944. Lovely July day, not many clouds in the sky.
I'm trying to bomb troops and a bunker while SDR is trying to bomb my troops and generally blast my planes.

We're playing on VASSAL again, PBEM. So some screen shots will be easy to post for your enjoyment of our flailing about the sky.

The game starts like this:

(click for larger view)

One of my Yak-9 squadrons has a tally on a flight of Bf109G. This will allow me to enter into a dog fight with them. All my other squadrons are busy flying to their targets.

Looks promising!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Barthheart

Start of turn 2.

Pretty quiet turn. SDR tallied both of my Pe-2 Sqn. and then everybody moved. This resulted in my Yak-9 A Sqn. in a fight with his C flight of 109s. Both sides whiffed, the 109s lost cohesion and are now running home.
SDR's heavy flak managed to down a Pe-2 but the Sqn. kept it together for another turn.

Now my Yaks have changed their attention to the second 109 flight targeting my Pe-2s.
Also SDR has had some FW190s enter the fray loaded with bombs on a strafing mission.... no good can come of this.

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on October 16, 2017, 08:06:26 PM
.... no good can come of this.

Are the Russian fighters functioning as a wing?  I don't recall the spacing rules for wings, but I think you can have some gaps.

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

My flak gunners are in for some punishment detail.  I wonder if there's some way to send them further east on the eastern front.  Worthless buggers.

Barthheart

Start of turn 3.
One bomb run down, only 2 hits on the heavy flak.  >:(
He's thrown up some small arms flak cover to try and help with his defense.
One of my squadrons of La-5s has managed to get a tally on some circling 109s. Hope to clear the way for the incoming IL-2Ms.

Barthheart

Turn 4
Second bombing run on the heavy flak only gets 1 more hit. He's flak keeps rattling my bombers so they are off the mark... >:(
Another dogfight starts up and more than a few planes on both sides go down before the end of turn 3.
My IL-2M bomber stream is lining up... but SDR has 2 FW-190s coming in loaded with bombs...