FRIDAY's a Battlefield

Started by JudgeDredd, October 13, 2017, 02:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Quote from: Gusington on October 15, 2017, 11:01:14 AM
Is it a stats driven game?

Definitive stat driven with dice rolling under the hood.  You manage fighters, payroll, staff hiring and most of the other aspects of a sport manager game.  It's incredibly addicting and I've easily gotten my $1.50 out of it already.

Gusington

A couple of guys here were playing it a while back. Sounds good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

@judge:  As one must both register for PBEM++ and associate that registration with a registered copy of the game, I have thought for some time that there was DRM in it.  That said, Doug and I should have pounded our way through TWO skirmishes today, but were only able to finish a portion of one as we swapped turns back and forth.  The game is, in my judgment, the definitive digital treatment of the era in a league with IM's "Great Battles" and the Julius Caesar game from Western Civilization software making the lack of live play all the more difficult to accept.

I'll stop now...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Kushan

I ended up playing couple of things that were not even on my radar; World of Warplanes and Fields of Glory 2. I never had the privileged of playing World of Warplanes before, but I heard it was bad, but patch 2.0 got released last week and it completely reworks most of the game. For an arcade flying sim I don't think its bad, its no Falcon 4.0 but its not trying to be, but I lost a good part of Saturday to it.

I had a friend gift me Fields of Glory 2. Only had a chance to play 2 games so far. I lost my first battle, which was the tutorial. My 2nd battle was a quick battle, me as the Romans vs a Spaniard army. Went pretty well. I lost a few units, mainly because they were fairly isolated on my left flank, but once I broke the AIs left flank I was able to roll them up the AI line quickly.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on October 14, 2017, 12:43:29 PM
The literal video of this is excellent:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2cb87ffcfe/love-is-a-battlefield-literal-video-version

"This guy has bigger boobs than me."

Omg, at first this was pretty mediocre for a literal lyric entry, and then the dance interlude started and I was crying. :DD Lord, I needed that this week. Thx, AB.  :notworthy:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!