Main Menu

Kingsman 2

Started by airboy, October 10, 2017, 11:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Saw the 2nd Kingsman movie tonight with my wife.  Well worth seeing on the big screen.

But we were confused about the possible morale of the movie.  Possibilities include:
1] Drugs are bad
2] Wars on drugs are bad
3] Scotch and Bourbon are good
4] Elton John should stop doing so many drugs
5] Killer robot dogs like Elton John

BanzaiCat

There were more than a few Huh? moments in it...I didn't like Julianne Moore as a villain nearly as much as Samuel L. Jackson from the first one (he nailed being ridiculous yet a plausible movie villain at once, while Julianne was menacing but just seemed to lack the humor that SLJ had), but overall it was pretty damned close to the first one in terms of enjoyment. The first is still my favorite but this second one is way up there too. The fight scene choreography in that last conflict in the diner was spellbinding.

jamus34

Well, it wasn't nearly as fresh as the first one. And the tracking bug scene was...let's just say awkward and leave it at that.

I do like the fact that it makes the drug question a lot more gray area than "drugs are bad" or "drug should be legalized and regulated". It also doesn't shy away that most people have their demons, sometimes they aren't visible but it doesn't make them any less dangerous.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

I agree with both of your opinions on the movie.

We were glad we saw it on the big screen.  We thought "Whiskey" had better screen presence than almost everyone else.