Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by steve58, September 06, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

I figured that with Irma looking to be possibly worse than Harvey, she deserved her own thread. Hope all you Grogs and your families/friends that may end up being in her path, stay safe. 

While Irma may end up being a monster, I can't help but admire this photo of her. :o

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

BFH--Big F--king Hurricane!  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

My parents are right in its path.

So is Starfury, I think.

God speed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Hope everyone has a safe place to ride it out.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 06, 2017, 11:11:22 AM
BFH--Big F--king Hurricane!  :hide:

Do you live on that side of Florida?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Toonces

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2017, 11:12:40 AM

So is Starfury, I think.

God speed.

You are also in its path; this storm could just as likely skirt up the coast into NY/New England as hit Florida.  Everyone on the east coast should start making their preparations now, before it becomes a problem...bottled water, canned food and batteries are worth having on hand, and are non-perishable so if you don't use them, they'll still be good for next year.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

JH did your parents evacuate?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I wish my cousin would get their little girl out of Central Florida while there's time. But though we've offered to help expedite that, with plenty of grandparents and granduncle/aunts and other relatives up here...  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I'm in S.W. Florida about 40 miles north of Ft. Myers and about the same inland. If the new tracks hold-up, we'll get rain and wind but probably no hurricane force winds. That'd be OK, that's pretty normal with these storms and since she's really hauling-ass( 16 mph) it won't be around very long so flooding's not a big threat. We may loose power for awhile--I just got a brand new generator fortunately. But at 61 I've seen enough of these things to know only God knows where she's really going and Irma is a monster--Godzilla not Frankenstein I saying. Maybe I'll get the chance to get some good Irma-pics and post them, when I have power again that is.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Hopefully it tracks far enough east that you're spared the worst of it, Slash.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on September 06, 2017, 02:56:37 PM
Hopefully it tracks far enough east that you're spared the worst of it, Slash.

Yea, thanks dickhead. My parents are on the southeast coast.  >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

OJsDad

Good luck Slash.  Stay safe.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Quote from: steve58 on September 06, 2017, 10:34:45 AM
I figured that with Irma looking to be possibly worse than Harvey, she deserved her own thread. Hope all you Grogs and your families/friends that may end up being in her path, stay safe. 

While Irma may end up being a monster, I can't help but admire this photo of her. :o

Yeah, it is a beautiful storm from space.  O0
My parents are in Pensacola. I'm hoping it turns before it hits anywhere along Florida and gets pushed back out to sea. I also hope it keeps clear of my house in Virginia.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on September 06, 2017, 12:46:58 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2017, 11:12:40 AM

So is Starfury, I think.

God speed.

You are also in its path; this storm could just as likely skirt up the coast into NY/New England as hit Florida.  Everyone on the east coast should start making their preparations now, before it becomes a problem...bottled water, canned food and batteries are worth having on hand, and are non-perishable so if you don't use them, they'll still be good for next year.

I'm prepared for everything from a Brown-out to the freakin' Zombie Apocalypse.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog