Main Menu

Warframe

Started by Jarhead0331, August 18, 2017, 04:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anybody play this one? This is a game I've installed and deleted, and installed and deleted and installed, but never really played. The game seems to have really expanded over the years and the background is so damn interesting. I've only gone a few missions, but so far I'm enjoying it and sorry I didn't start playing earlier. For a F2P game, it is extremely content loaded and polished. EXTREMELY.

If you play, let me know and maybe we can go on ops together...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

I do, on PS4 as well as on PC.
It's a game I played to death when waiting for Destiny 1 to release. I found Warframe pretty grindy back then. Things have improved, especially since they've added more tilesets and expanded the story. Indeed a game loaded with content!
And this fall they will even release a HUGE update with which the game will start to feature an open world map instead of small pockets for a given territory. It will make the feel of the game much different.

The only thing is that once Destiny 2 launches it will be my shooter of choice without a doubt, so Warframe will once again be on the back burner.
Still, its a high quality game in a very interesting universe.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

If steel division MP is still borked I'm up for giving warframe a go. I played it years ago a bit but not at all recently
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I played it just far enough, many months ago, to realize I needed to play it more to unlock basic functionality. ;) I would love to restart my character, since I had a highly advanced player friend who already knew the plot constantly talking in my ear about things that didn't usually have much to do with the game, trying to be patient while I got far enough to go on even some basic missions with him. Not his fault, but it kind of ruined the immersion.  :buck2:

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to restart a character. Not without paying for slots anyway.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Although apparently I never installed it on my new PC...so I'm not getting on tonight with my lightning fast 34 Mbps down.

Yskonyn

Are your handles your Steam handles in game?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Yup. Jarhead0331 wherever possible.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jamus34

JasonPratt

I'm pretty sure I'm Sabreman (as my Steam handle), but I'm also pretty sure I'll need a few hours some time to update. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

I'll add you lot today.

Invites sent.

Jarhead0331

Any advice on how best to proceed in leveling up a character? I just finished what I guess is the prologue by defeating Captain Vor. Now, it seems I'm tasked with pretty much going on missions and charting my own course. Not sure I totally understand the modding and equipment upgrade system yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

If you go to the foundry and then to mods you can watch a short tutorial.

But the gist of it is this:
Every piece of gear has a specific amount of 'slot points' available for mods. This can be increased by levelling the piece.
Each mod has a cost in these slot points. You can only slot as many mods as the slot cost allows for the item.
Each mod has a polarity (little icon in the top corner of the card) and a mod slot might have a polarity as well.
Mods can be slotted in ANY slot, but a wrong polarity doubles it cost, while a similar polarity halves its cost to slot it.
No polarity is just 1x the cost.

The small number/dots in the center bottom of the mod is its fusion level. By fusion you can upgrade mods to make them stronger. Fusion costs resources.

As for missions;
Every planet has one or more ' junctions '. If you hover over these junctions you can see what you will need to do to unlock its bounty.
Once you have unlocked all requirements you can try to unlock the junction by activating it as a mission and battling the boss.
If successful you will unlock the planet (and its missions) the junction connects.

Every planet has mission nodes. You have to play each node at least once (and win the mission) to mark it as 'unlocked' .
Technically, when you have unlocked every node on every planet you have 'beaten' the game, but Warframe is like Diablo. You are constantly driven by gear and new Warframe blueprints to keep playing the game. Missions can be replayed indefinately, except for the special events which show up as timed missions.
These timed missions offer better rewards, but are only available for a limited time.

I don't think there is much of a story. It's more a 'world setting' you play in with friends, grinding levels and gear and having fun. It's not an RPG as far as I understand. More a sandbox co-op shooter with Diablo-like gear progression.

Jarhead0331

^Thanks. Very helpful.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Check this for in-depth info about the game:
http://warframe.wikia.com/

Yskonyn

If we get at least two people online together we could start our Grogheads Clan in game. It will give us our own customizable base and research station! Pretty neat stuff!