Godzilla goes down

Started by besilarius, August 07, 2017, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

The man in the Godzilla suit has passed away at 88 years old.... Haruo Nakajima, who played iconic movie monster Godzilla in 12 movies and other giant monster films too, including the original GODZILLA (1954).
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

R.I.P. Haruo. Loved watching you stomp the pooh out of Tokyo when I was a kid. Especially the little, tiny trains that could never stop in time to avoid the Godzilla-ankles.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

He not only helped epitomize the horror of the original G, but segued smoothly into the acrobatic grumpy hero G (including the infamous victory dance from GvMonsterZero.)

Two other G-suit actors remain, each from one of the other series (Heisei and Millennium). Not counting other kaiju suit actors for the other monsters of course.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Literally the first theatrical film I saw as a kid: Godzilla vs. Megalon. (At a drive-in!) G vs Gigan (known in the states as G on Monster Island) came soon after.

But Dad used to watch Godzilla and Kung Fu movies at night when it was his turn to give me a bottle, so also among my first movies ever.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

A fine tribute to Nakajima-sensei.