Bussiness Idea that would make millions

Started by gameleaper, July 27, 2017, 01:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

people love there cars, so a garage that rips out the engine connects a motor and battery and converts the cars to electric would be successful, they would no be as efficient you would need double batteries,

the point is nobody is converting yet

bayonetbrant

you don't have an infrastructure to swap out batteries on long road trips, and not enough charging stations / battery exchanges around towns for people in-town driving.

it'll come soon enough - within 30 years of so you'll have a LOT more electric cars out there
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

people that love there (old) cars will keep them and run them as a "historic-vehicle" (or how its legal-term called in your country), as an Oldtimer with special license plates, insurances, and also an environmental waiver when they are 25? or 30? years old. 
and a have modern electric and even full-autonomous driving car obeying to the latest oppressing city and government regulations for their day to day use
in the beginning of that new times on longer travels people will still be forced for a unwanted stop at electric filling stations for an 1h stop and will have a meal or so while the batteries get fast-charged with high current.

btw
Great Britain plans no nonelectric cars after 2040, and some mayor city will prohibit inner-city access even sooner.

Barthheart

You can pry my internal combustion engine from my cold dead hands!  :knuppel2:

I'm 2 years into a multi-year plan upgrade and modernize my 27 year old Miata. When done in three years I'll start racing her in auto-cross style competitions.  :bd:

If yer not burning hydrocarbons, yer not having fun!!  \m/

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on July 27, 2017, 06:59:30 PM

I'm 2 years into a multi-year plan upgrade and modernize my 27 year old Miata. When done in three years I'll start racing her in auto-cross style competitions.  :bd:

Sez the man who works at the ginormus Flux Capacitor lab.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 27, 2017, 07:33:50 PM

Yeah... but they won't let me put it in my Delorean.  :(

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on July 27, 2017, 07:49:00 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 27, 2017, 07:33:50 PM

Yeah... but they won't let me put it in my Delorean.  :(

Maybe your steam engine...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

The Little Engine that Could Make it So.

gameleaper

if the government wanted a fast way of making us electric, then this is the way, but they want to make money from building cars, the technology for an electric car is a battery a motor and a switch yet they still charge for a combustion engine, the cost of electric tech is nothing compared to engine tech

Barthheart

What?!? The internal combustion engine, in it's basic form, is an incredibly simple machine.
Battery tech alone is very complex and they still can't make one that will take me across my province, even half way. Just ask  Ghostrider.

Electric car tech is still way more expensive then internal combustion tech. And internal combustion tech really hasn't changed much in the last hundred years.

gameleaper

Quote from: Barthheart on July 27, 2017, 08:19:38 PM
What?!? The internal combustion engine, in it's basic form, is an incredibly simple machine.
Battery tech alone is very complex and they still can't make one that will take me across my province, even half way. Just ask  Ghostrider.

Electric car tech is still way more expensive then internal combustion tech. And internal combustion tech really hasn't changed much in the last hundred years.

I havr built motots with a wire coil and iron and a battery, its simple, all your talking about is having enough power, that can be done with extra batteries or charging locations, they had good milk floats in the 60s that ran on electric. the combustion engine is complicated to make, it takes exact engineering, the motor is more forgiving and easy and practically no parts needed

Barthheart

The internal combustion engine the the most forgiving form of locomotion you can find.

When my engine stops working the only tools I need to get it going again are a hammer, a flat head screw driver and a can of WD-40.

If yer electric car breaks down in West Upper Butfuck, you'll need to find an electrical engineer to help you.

My current car has an engine that was built 27 years ago. There are model T Ford engines that still run. Show me one battery that can last that long.

Staggerwing

Never mind the Model T, this still-running engine was built just after the American Civil War, One Hundred and Fifty years ago: