Outpost Gamma AAR: Discussion Thread

Started by BanzaiCat, June 22, 2017, 11:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I'm looking for ten forum members to lend their names to a front page (yes, THAT Front PageTM) multi-part AAR that I'm writing up around the 1981 Dwarfstar Games classic title, Outpost Gamma.

If interested, please sound off below. First come, first armed to face the native alien menace! :)

EDIT: UNIT ROSTER

The positions themselves don't mean there is any responsibility from those that have signed up. This is just a means to add variety and interest to the story, by these forum members lending their names to the AAR. I won't call on you to make decisions or anything.

Legionnaire Commander: MetalDog
Heavy Weaponier: SDR
Heavy Weaponier: bob48
Trooper: Staggerwing
Trooper: bayonetbrant
Trooper: mirth
Trooper: Barthheart
Trooper: bbmike
Trooper: DoctorQuest
Trooper: Gusington

EDIT 2: DISCUSSION THREAD

Thanks, all, for lending your personas to the story. I'm going to try to go lighter on the text so I'm not doing novellas for each post. That should help me time-wise and let me churn out a good number of these.

MetalDog

If all it requires is a fierce name and not much else, I'm your Dog!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Silent Disapproval Robot

If there's room for a robot that silently disapproves of the whole business, I'm in.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

If you need someone with a permanent lost tourist expression on his face I'm in as well.

No sign of the tour bus anywhere...  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on June 22, 2017, 11:49:42 PM
If all it requires is a fierce name and not much else, I'm your Dog!

Names only! :)

I'm not going to call on anyone to actively participate in the AAR; I'm just borrowing your names to fill the roster slots. I'm going to use your names like call signs in the AAR, which will hopefully add interest to the read. I've done it as a first-come, first-served kind of deal, starting with the Commander slot, moving to the two Heavy Weaponiers, and finally, the seven Troopers.

I've been looking forward to this for some time. I want it to be part of an overarching series of Dwarfstar Games coverage, to not only bring attention to these old yet venerable titles, but also that they're free to print and play (well, most of 'em, anyway).

Thanks for participating!

bayonetbrant

Might as well throw me in there. You're going to find a way to include me anyway :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

How do I get into this chickenshit outfit?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 23, 2017, 07:39:28 AM
Might as well throw me in there. You're going to find a way to include me anyway :)

When you're right, you're right...lol.  O:-)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 23, 2017, 07:40:51 AM
How do I get into this chickenshit outfit?

By doing exactly what you just did, Trooper.  O0

Barthheart

You need a Canuck on the squad.  :nerd:

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2017, 08:27:11 AM
And a Starfleet officer.  :nerd:

And though we have no Starfleet applicants, we'll take you anyway!  :bd:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

And already, they take bets on which one is going to be gutted like a warm-blooded fish by a rebel with a mining tool...  ::)