2017 Steam Summer Sale

Started by Greybriar, June 11, 2017, 06:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

-budd- I agree. Things I want but don't really want. Are still so expensive this time around. Hardly anything is really crazy priced.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Quote from: Destraex on June 23, 2017, 08:36:36 PM
-budd- I agree. Things I want but don't really want. Are still so expensive this time around. Hardly anything is really crazy priced.

That's what I'm noticing too.  What a waste this year.  I'll probably pick up a cheap DLC I've been eyeing and anything that's 10 or less but that's it.  The big titles I really want are not deeply discounted this time around.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: bobarossa on June 23, 2017, 03:16:45 PM
I am a first time participant in the Steam Sale Madness.  I have Endless Space Collection ($5) and Stardrive 2 Gold Pack ($9) in my cart at the moment.  Any opinions on which of these two to keep?

I also have Empire TW ($5) in the cart.  I expect to use mods to make it playable.

Endless Space.

Doooooo iiiiiit

-budd-

i just find what i wanted to buy when i thought about it[that's the problem ::), thinking] That i have the same type of game in my games list and that i never even finished  and some i never even installed.  Was all set to buy Divinity Original Sin enhanced edition when i realized that i haven't finished Pillars of Eternity yet. Same with Saints Row 4, $3.74 but i havent even installed Saints Row 3 yet :uglystupid2:
I did buy 3 games. Anybody rushing to install and play the new stuff so you can decide if you want to refund or not.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 23, 2017, 02:19:35 PM
Quote from: -budd- on June 23, 2017, 08:54:19 AM
Quote from: Raied on June 23, 2017, 04:51:04 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 23, 2017, 02:55:13 AM
Command Ops 2 modules are 50% off.

Yes thats a good deal going to get Foothills of the Gods Module.
Thinking about picking up westwall, its the only one I don't have. Waiting to see if the LnL store has a sale. If there on target the steam keys for previous purchases are supposed to be available today.

Coincidentally.  ::)

(Panther Games has been pounded hard on the forums for putting off getting the Steam key situation resolved. My bet was not until Patton's Charge!)

Foothills is definitely the best module for new players, with the lowest unit-count missions (totally and by average); consistently interesting terrain; early-war bling to train for later on; in a theater that hasn't been gamed to death.
Wasn't Foothills of the Gods the old Conquest of the Aegean game? By far, imo, the best module. As JP said, very interesting terrain to keep you entertained with lots of choke points.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Not part of the Steam sale but Tacview (universal flight data analysis tool for DCS, Falcon BMS, FSX, ...)  is currently 40% off.

http://www.tacview.net/product/news/en/#ID46531909

The standard (= not free) edition now contains real-time telemetry ( you can review and analyze a flight in progress ).

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

'Patient Bob'. The Canadian Sniper of the Grogheads.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Second copy of BF:Gothic so the boy and I can play.  It is now a good game.

EDF 4.1 cuz why not?
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 24, 2017, 08:36:37 AM
'Patient Bob'. The Canadian Sniper of the Grogheads.  O0

Sir Slash I believe, no I know, bob48 resides in the UK.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

Still nothing for me either.  I was going to pull the trigger on Clockwork Empires but then I read in the comments that the devs went bankrupt and the game's still not finished so I decided against it.

I might pick up some Vermintide DLC.  We'll see.

Barthheart

Noting here either.

Eyeballing some DLC for CK II that I'm behind on..... but not much else....

JasonPratt

So far I've only pulled the trigger on Homeworld: Catackalysm ;) , which isn't even a Steam sale, but is now available (as HW: Emergence) at GoG.

I do have things in the buy list, but may not trigger until later this week. I've removed a lot of things I originally added in, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 24, 2017, 12:38:58 AM
Wasn't Foothills of the Gods the old Conquest of the Aegean game? By far, imo, the best module. As JP said, very interesting terrain to keep you entertained with lots of choke points.

It's half of the old AA:CotA. The other half is in "The Cauldron". There might be an extra mission or two in FotG which was originally Command Ops 1: Battle for Greece, but I'm not sure. COps1 never got around to porting the other half of CotA, leaving Matrix/Slitherine and signing up with LnL to produce the COPs2 engine instead.

(I tend to recommend players move to The Cauldron as their next pack after FotG, by the way. Slightly larger battles on average, in somewhat simpler terrain for the North Africa missions, but still some interesting island fights.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!