2017 Steam Summer Sale

Started by Greybriar, June 11, 2017, 06:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Yeah, I tried to find it again, same problem. Thanks, devs! -- pick an obscure word for your single-title game and then change the spelling!

Good news, though: my buy-list remains intact. It's just only on my home rig, not my semi-work Surface Pro at the office.

On consideration, I'll probably not buy it -- need to thin down my list. Might finally get Naval Action however.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Bad news: my buy-list on my main rig did in fact totally disappear tonight for no clear reason, less than an hour or two (at the most) since I added anything to it.  :pullhair:

Good news: it's possible this was a bug that triggered on adding a 4-pack. Not that the bug was good news, just that Dino-D-Day is on sale for like $2.50 as a 4pack.  :bd:

Good news: managed to recreate my list. Bad news, still topping $140 total. May have to trim off some Graviteam Mius or Tank Warfare...  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

I think $2.50 for a 4-pack of Dino D-Day is $2.51 too much. But what do I know.

JasonPratt

Yeah, I may trim it off; I have some friends who might play it (not here on Grogheads), but eh.

Lol at $2.51 too much for $2.50 price, tho!

bobarossa

Ended up getting Endless Space and Empire: Total War for about $11.  Still considering Seven Years War. 

Rayfer

Elite Dangerous is on sale for $14.99....I'm thinking about it but need to know, does it require a monthly fee like some MMO's still do? 

Pete Dero

Quote from: Rayfer on June 30, 2017, 10:26:17 AM
Elite Dangerous is on sale for $14.99....I'm thinking about it but need to know, does it require a monthly fee like some MMO's still do?

No, but best also get the Horizons Seasons Pass to get planetary landings and the other already released expansions.  Next year (or end of this year) a new Seasons pass probably will be released but you don't have to buy it to keep playing your game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441340/Elite_Dangerous_Horizons_Season_Pass/

BanzaiCat

Yeah, 14.99 for Elite Dangerous...how much was it when it first came out?  :crazy2:

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 30, 2017, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on June 30, 2017, 10:26:17 AM

No, but best also get the Horizons Seasons Pass to get planetary landings and the other already released expansions.  Next year (or end of this year) a new Seasons pass probably will be released but you don't have to buy it to keep playing your game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441340/Elite_Dangerous_Horizons_Season_Pass/

Read through the link...agree, that would be the way to go but unfortunately it jacks the cost up to $35.00....I could do it but it would put an end to any further Steam sale purchases. Decision-Decisions.. :-\

JasonPratt

Rayfer, if you were going to spend $35 anyway on Elite:Horizons, better to get the Commander Deluxe edition; still just under $35 but also adds the (list price) $12 Commander Pack. Which is otherwise useless paint jobs. ;) BUT IN THAT PACK THEY'RE FREEEEE!  :D

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 30, 2017, 05:55:40 PM
Rayfer, if you were going to spend $35 anyway on Elite:Horizons, better to get the Commander Deluxe edition; still just under $35 but also adds the (list price) $12 Commander Pack. Which is otherwise useless paint jobs. ;) BUT IN THAT PACK THEY'RE FREEEEE!  :D

LOL...you're right!  :idiot2: My brain struggles to handle the numerous variants games throw at us these days....gold editions, complete editions, deluxe editions, enhanced, extended, etc. ad nauseam. 

Hofstadter

Quote from: bobarossa on June 30, 2017, 09:28:59 AM
Ended up getting Endless Space and Empire: Total War for about $11.  Still considering Seven Years War.

Not worth it dude, SYW that is
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Ian C