Millenials Are Killing Buffalo Wild Wings & Applebee's

Started by mirth, June 06, 2017, 10:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Damn Millenials. But I would agree with your argument.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

That's great news. More table-space for us old farts.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

I still like BWW's.  I took my son out for lunch after his last day of school and he chose BWW's.

Applebee's though has just tanked.  The last couple of time I was to Chili's it was the same.  I don't know if these places are struggling to find decent people to work or if they're getting cheap on their food.  Whatever it is, it's not working. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

BWW's is a regular post-soccer location for us.  It's convenient to the home field, has TVs everywhere, and food the kids enjoy.

Applebee's always seemed to be the "government-funded road trip" restaurant, b/c there always seemed to be one next door to whatever hotel we were staying in whenever we had a contractor trip to somewhere like NJ or KS.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: OJsDad on June 06, 2017, 02:47:11 PM
I still like BWW's.  I took my son out for lunch after his last day of school and he chose BWW's.

Applebee's though has just tanked.  The last couple of time I was to Chili's it was the same.  I don't know if these places are struggling to find decent people to work or if they're getting cheap on their food.  Whatever it is, it's not working.

Ditto. I still enjoy BWW but I couldn't tell you the last time I was at Chili's or Applebees. And I have zero intention of going in the future. Hey, does that make me a Millenial???   8)

Bison

I ate an Applebees recently and it was pretty good.  I think they over charge for what they give you, but those are the times we live in these days.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 06, 2017, 03:35:50 PM
Ditto. I still enjoy BWW but I couldn't tell you the last time I was at Chili's or Applebees. And I have zero intention of going in the future. Hey, does that make me a Millenial???   8)

Chili's is the alternate when not going to BWW's.  Again, proximity to the soccer stadium is a key consideration.  The southwestern egg rolls are another.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

I used to prefer Chili's due to the better service (if anything is killing Applebee's it's the poor service.... by mills, perhaps not incidentally...), the free tortillas and salsa, and the far superior fajitas.

Haven't been to C in a long time, though (easily 5 years), and I vaguely recall the food quality being down a notch last time for some reason.

Given a choice, I'll always go to Cracker Barrel anyway.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 06, 2017, 04:02:04 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on June 06, 2017, 03:35:50 PM

Chili's is the alternate when not going to BWW's.  Again, proximity to the soccer stadium is a key consideration.  The southwestern egg rolls are another.

The southwestern egg rolls are indeed amazing. But I have to give props to Pratt for Cracker Barrel. After all, it's where the Millenials of my age go   8)

JasonPratt

Those of us who are a thousand years old?  >:D

My little nieces love CB, though. Lord help me, I'm about to break this week's diet just thinking about the food there, and I can't even reach one in feasible time...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

I like Cracker Barrel, although I usually spend another $10 on sour balls and other candy.

I like Bob Evans, although the one by our house has seen better times.

I'm a fan of IHOP.  On Wednesday night it's senior night (buy one, get one free) and you only have to be 50 or 55 to qualify.  It gets pretty crowded, so we have to get there early and beat the real old people.  I think they also have bingo, and they're doing a good job bringing in the customers.

Silver Diner is pretty good.

I always get Applebees and Ruby Tuesday confused.  My wife likes one but dislikes the other.

The Five Guys franchise started where I live.  I used to go to one of the original places, which is now closed.  We used to go there on Fridays for lunch.  Ironically, across the street is a TGIF.

The Botson Market near our house used to be good, but now it's terrible.

We are getting a lot of good boutique fast food.  The first Halal Guys outside NYC opened by our house.  We also have District Taco, and another new place called Taco Bamba.

JasonPratt

I love Five Guys. Only discovered it a year or two ago, and I rarely can get any of the family to go there, so I've only been there twice, maybe three times. (This is despite being introduced to it by the family in the first place.)

I could eat at IHOP every day of my life. It might not be good for me.  ::) While not really related, I did eat Waffle House every day of my life when I worked as a producer/director for the night shift at Shop-At-Home (in Knoxville, TN) near one. Take a waffle with city ham, make a waffle/ham sandwich. Mmmm...

I don't really understand how I've never eaten at a Bob Evans. There was one at Knoxville very near where the parents always hotel'd when visiting. They've eaten there, but I haven't.

OJsDad

Quote from: trailrunner on June 06, 2017, 06:07:13 PM
The Five Guys franchise started where I live.  I used to go to one of the original places, which is now closed.  We used to go there on Fridays for lunch.  Ironically, across the street is a TGIF.

Five Guys is great. 

We also like Penn Station subs.  If you like the fries at Five Guys, you'll like them at PS.