Main Menu

Far Cry 5

Started by Tpek, May 27, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queeg

Quote from: Tpek on May 31, 2017, 09:13:32 AM
Quote from: Queeg on May 31, 2017, 08:59:56 AM
I just hope they dispense with the idiotic game mechanic where you get attacked by an eagle every two minutes.  They'll probably just substitute a rabid weasel or something.

Which game was that? Far Cry Primal?

Sounds like the infamous Cliff Racers from Morrowind :P

Far Cry 4.  Everywhere you went, someone was being attacked by an eagle.  Literally every few minutes.  One of the dumbest, most annoying game mechanics ever. 

JasonPratt

Patches dialed that way down, in my playthrough -- still annoying, but not as prevalent.

You can expect the rabid weasel, though, if the game's history of badgers being unspeakable killing machines continues. The ones in FC4 could take down a wolfpack by themselves, and one of the side missions played into this spoof by saving a farm from being overrun by packs of badgers.

In Montana, those badgers might be WOLVERINES!!  :hide: :timeout: :wow:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The last couple of posts made me laugh out loud. Well done.

WOLVERINES!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

What he currently does is look like hobo Mel Gibson in his final(?) film.

Which is awesome.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Marvel Studios presents: FAR CRY: WOLVERINE.

Throw money my way Ubisoft & Marvel. We can make this happen. The fans cry out for it.

They cry faaaarrr....

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bboyer66

The best part of Far Cry 4  for me was when an eagle dropped a deer from the sky, right in front of me. Really the only memorable thing from the game.

Overall I thought the game got a little repetitive, and the story kind of went off the rails when you got to the gladiator arena thing.  Never finished it.

Queeg

Quote from: bboyer66 on June 01, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
The best part of Far Cry 4  for me was when an eagle dropped a deer from the sky, right in front of me. Really the only memorable thing from the game.

Overall I thought the game got a little repetitive, and the story kind of went off the rails when you got to the gladiator arena thing.  Never finished it.

Never finished it either.  Apart from the endless Steve Irwin animal fights, I hated the "kill the guy, but only left-handed with a shotgun" missions and the "run around frantically looking for the hidden cave opening before the one-minute timer expires" missions.  It was open world but not really. 

I'm in the minority of those who think Far Cry 2 was the best of the series. 

JasonPratt

You didn't have to play the goofy skill missions. Those were just for faster xp, and/or for slightly better loot. There were plenty of normal missions.

Meanwhile, moar betterer: FAR CRY: BLOOD DRAGON 2: THE WOLVERINE

Starring Michael Bienh. Biehn. (Been too long since I typed his name.  ::)  :-[ )