The Lighthouse Question

Started by mirth, May 23, 2017, 06:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I'm glad we finally have an Administration that takes this threat seriously

http://www.theonion.com/live/lighthouse-question-55960/entry/381
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

the problem with The Onion is the same problem with Idiocracy: it starts as satire and slowly comes true
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I'm sick of those uppity lighthouses towering over the Maine coastline.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

You're just jealous that the tourists pay more attention to the lighthouses than to you. No matter how long you sit on your porch with your 'Mirth's Maniac Mansion Tours' sign no out-of-towners ever stop by to pay the modest fee.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

My Mansion tours are really, really great. The best ever!

Sir Slash

Better than Bob's House of 'Staches tour? Unlikely.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 23, 2017, 06:45:20 PM
Better than Bob's House of 'Staches tour? Unlikely.  :coolsmiley:

That tour gets a little hairy.

Sir Slash

But you can squeeze through by a whisker.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 23, 2017, 06:37:46 PM
You're just jealous that the tourists pay more attention to the lighthouses than to you. No matter how long you sit on your porch with your 'Mirth's Maniac Mansion Tours' sign no out-of-towners ever stop by to pay the modest fee.

Maybe his ad pitch is the problem....."Mirth's Maniac Mansion Tours......Tourists Come In, But They Never Come Out".