Ed Woods wasn't the worst

Started by besilarius, May 16, 2017, 06:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Nefaro

QuoteUltimately, though, the reason that any of us still remember the works of Francis today is thanks to Mystery Science Theater 3000. As it did for Manos: The Hands of Fate, MST3k also injected fresh perspective into the filmography of Francis. The classic movie-riffing show featured all three of Francis' feature films: The Beast of Yucca Flats, The Skydivers and Red Zone Cuba. It's telling that they chose Francis—rather than the better-known Wood, MST3k tormented its captive satellite crew with films that were much, much worse.

So very true.

I watched the MST3k guys doing Manos: The Hands Of Fate on their "RiffTrax" series. 

If they hadn't been ripping the absolute ridiculousness going on in the film, and I'd been forced to simply watch the original, I would've clawed my eyes out.  As it turned out, they had a LOT of ammo to use in that turd of a film.   :DD

The RiffTrax series, from the MST3k guys, is available on Amazon Prime video right now.  Quite a number of them.  :bd:   I definitely recommend Manos as one of the better episodes.   :2funny:

jamus34

I think Uwe Boll would be offended.
Insert witty comment here.