Powers Boothe - RIP

Started by steve58, May 14, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Powers Boothe and Bill Paxton, who also passed recently, starred alongside Matthew McConaughey in the very underrated movie, "Frailty". Personally it's one of my Top 100 movies, Top 25 in the suspense genre' at least. Superb acting all around and a plot that makes you reevaluate what you've seen at the end.

bbmike

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 16, 2017, 07:28:19 PM
Powers Boothe and Bill Paxton, who also passed recently, starred alongside Matthew McConaughey in the very underrated movie, "Frailty". Personally it's one of my Top 100 movies, Top 25 in the suspense genre' at least. Superb acting all around and a plot that makes you reevaluate what you've seen at the end.

Hmm, just found it on Netflix. I added it to my watch list.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Quote from: bbmike on May 16, 2017, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on May 16, 2017, 07:28:19 PM

Hmm, just found it on Netflix. I added it to my watch list.

I will have to so as well.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

It's one of those movies that I appreciated more the second time I saw it than the first. Still, I remember walking out of the theater with my sons and wife and we were all a bit like....whoa!

Sir Slash

A very thoughtful 'In Memory Of' note at the end of Marvel's Agents of Shield season ender tonight for Mr.Booth. Well done ABC.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.