Powers Boothe - RIP

Started by steve58, May 14, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Powers Boothe, the character actor known for his villain roles in TV's "Deadwood," and in the movies "Tombstone," ''Sin City" and "The Avengers," has died. He was 68.

Boothe's publicist says he died of natural causes at his home in Los Angeles Sunday.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/15/powers-boothe-known-for-villain-roles-in-deadwood-and-sin-city-dies-at-68.html

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/14/powers-boothe-dead/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

wow-he was a very iconic actor as I was growing up.

RIP.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Nooooooooooooo! I suffer every time he dies in Red Dawn. Now this?  :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Hail Spydra!  :'(

Incidentally, he was also the voice of Grodd in the DCAU, so a major villain role there even before he moved to Marvel. (Although in the Avengers movie he wasn't really a "villain" yet, just an oversight committee member. His character wasn't revealed as a Hydra cult leader until Shield's 3rd season.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

One of my favorite actors. RIP.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 15, 2017, 06:16:58 AM
Nooooooooooooo! I suffer every time he dies in Red Dawn. Now this?  :'(

Me too.  Red Dawn and his bad guy Hydra role in Agents of Shield are where I remember him most from.  RIP Powers...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Steelgrave

One of my favorite character actors, he shined in every role he played. Definitely will be missed!

JudgeDredd

Family of Spies was a good one for me  O0
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Damn! That's too bad. Sixty-Eight is too young. He was a very good Bad Guy.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grimnirsson

He was great in Deadwood as Cy Tolliver.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Staggerwing

RIP Powers. We will miss you.

Booth played a great Rev. Jim Jones in 'Guyana Tragedy'. He was also one of the co-stars (along with Keith Carradine) of an underrated movie called 'Southern Comfort'. Fun fact- the guy who wrote the script for 'Southern Comfort' also wrote the final one for 'The Warriors', and yes, there are a few similarities.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys