Main Menu

UK Cyberattack

Started by mirth, May 12, 2017, 11:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

That just gives the Kremlin Kleptocracy a fig leaf of plausible deniability. Besides, why should the Vlad Squad be squeamish about extorting money from ordinary Russians?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

That does make me 'wanna cry'.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

concerning us Grogs, i have read in the newspaper this morn that Windows 10 users were never endangered.

i recon most of the wargamers are on Windows 10 in the meantime, at least with their main PC,
some on-travel laptops and older second PC system, that are also still in the household might be not.   

Silent Disapproval Robot

You reckon incorrectly.

jomni

Quote from: MikeGER on May 15, 2017, 01:33:25 AM
concerning us Grogs, i have read in the newspaper this morn that Windows 10 users were never endangered.

i recon most of the wargamers are on Windows 10 in the meantime, at least with their main PC,
some on-travel laptops and older second PC system, that are also still in the household might be not.

There are maybe Windows 7 holdouts amongst ourselves.  There's some talk about this in the Graviteam Tank Warfare thread.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Sure. That's what they WANT us to think. Then, when our guard is down, WHAM! They'll have us all by our dongles.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Quote from: jomni on May 15, 2017, 06:59:30 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on May 15, 2017, 01:33:25 AM

There are maybe Windows 7 holdouts amongst ourselves.  There's some talk about this in the Graviteam Tank Warfare thread.

Windows 7 should be fine if have any one of the following patches.

KB4012212
KB4015552
KB4019263

This is according to my local PC security experts.

And be the hell careful what email links you click on.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

OJsDad

I'm sure it'll bite me in the arse some day, but if I have any emails that I'm not sure about, I'll open them on my android based phone and not one of my windows based machines.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.