It's FRIDAY she's gone

Started by Tuna, May 12, 2017, 05:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Did they ever fix level bombing?

Sir Slash

Playing, "Fighting the Headcold" this weekend so not much gaming.  :'(  Looking to get back in touch with Attila Total War again if I have time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Alien: Isolation was created by masochists. The combination of music, light effects and period analog PCs and equipment is great. Came into contact with the alien for the first time tonight. I need a new set of drawers...

+

+

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Attends works just fine for me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 14, 2017, 09:55:36 AM
Attends works just fine for me.
is that the British version of Depends?
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2017, 10:12:46 PM
Did they ever fix level bombing?

Maybe not.  I've gotten it to work occasionally, but I just tried again and it didn't seem to be working very well.

Gusington

Depends...adult undergarments...they're wet and they're dry. My my my my.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Had a great match of Scourge Waterloo with Tactical Gamer (Rick) and his friends on Asid's Teamspeak. Hoping to do it again next Saturday night!

JasonPratt

Pre-weekend plans achieved:

1.) DC: Blitz Turn 4 AAR went up early.

2.) Worked on the Churchill Turn 2 AAR.

3.) Played SD44. Not only that, played a co-op game with Barthheart vs the Allies! We won handily; I didn't pay attention to which divisions we were fighting, but they were set on easy since that was only the fifth game for Vance. Great to advance in parallel with him for a change!  :)) He played the 21st Panzer, and I was the Luftlanders as usual. I've about decided I should scrap my abundant French tanks even though they're speedy cannon fodder, since, well, they're cannon fodder.

4.) Hosted the M:tG local draft booster tourney; and basically recused myself at length after I discovered in my next to last game that I was (1) using a non-basic land that I hadn't drafted (I put it in as a bit of a joke, since it's an early production Taiga and I like seeing people freak out when it's on the table -- current asking price on the card if it's in decent shape, like this one, is near $1000  :o :nerd:) and (2), more importantly though less illegally, I had drafted a significant number of white-powered cards and then had ABSOLUTELY FORGOTTEN to add any plains to the deck. Nothing I had drafted added white mana either. I didn't even have cards that required sacrificing cards from my hand. About 1/6 of my cards were worse than useless, taking up draws that could have gone to useful cards and infesting my hand like non-malignant tumors.  :buck2: Once I realized that, and laughed hard at myself, I forfeited my remaining matches. Amusingly, I realized this after winning my first and only match that night! -- with a broken, crippled deck!

5.) Also there were Mother's Day things, and catching up on series with my Dad.  O0

6.) EDITED TO ADD: got to live vicariously through Gus' terror.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Got plenty to go around. This game is terrifying. Up to Mission 5.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Encountered the alien more tonight than any previous night. Playing at night is not recommended. The terror factor rises...a lot. Witness:

That bloody mess at the end there was a found mission objective. For my trouble, shortly after finding that, I was hacked into little pieces by the alien. Lost about 15 minutes of game time.

My blood pressure is up too high to keep going. Will continue tomorrow.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I lost my Gnolam campaign of MOO4 and played about 1/2 of a Gnolam campaign in MOO2. I am going to make a break of MOO4 and have started a campaign of Pandora....i think it's going to be my new main game for the coming month or so.

JudgeDredd

I have never found my balls to be able to go back to Alien:Isolation. I loved the detail they put in the game...but it terrified me.
Alba gu' brath

Hofstadter

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 16, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
I have never found my balls to be able to go back to Alien:Isolation. I loved the detail they put in the game...but it terrified me.
I can only take Amnesia Dark Descent and Alien in 10-15 minute bursts.

It took a long time to complete those games.....
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

I admit I thought it was just hype but Isolation really is a terrifying game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd