It's FRIDAY she's gone

Started by Tuna, May 12, 2017, 05:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Wife is going out with her scrapbooking friends for the weekend, so free to game. Although going over friend's tomorrow night.

Probably some World of Warships tonight, but if no-one is around I'll probably be doing some IL2 in my JU88

MetalDog

Whatever gaming time I get in will be Civ IV SP and/or MP.  In actuality, it will probably be a combination of reading, yardwork, and hanging out with my girlfriend watching the last 5 new episodes of 'The Last Kingdom.'
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

I came across the shortcut that launches Age of Rifles last night. I clicked on it and it fired right up. I will play a scenario or two this weekend. Not sure what else. Maybe GalCiv3.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

mirth

Fighting the Battle of Kolombangara tonight. General Quarters III and minis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kolombangara

I just ordered these for a summer game we're putting together

http://topsideminis.com/product/coral-sea-battle-set/
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Uploading at least one, maybe two AAR turns, starting this afternoon with Turn 4 of my fight against Barthheart in DC:Blitzkrieg.  <:-)

Theoretically I'll again be hosting our local Magic: the Gathering quarterly booster pack draft tourney tomorrow afternoon/evening. This time we'll be harvesting some "Modern Masters" cards, which means practically nothing to me since I stopped collecting these things back around set 5 (and we're at set 75 or whatever).  :crazy2: This will unfortunately mess up any attempts at playing Scourge of War: Waterloo with Asid & friends on Saturday, but maybe I can get back to that tonight instead.

No doubt some Steel Division 44 to come!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Father Ted

Well I'm downloading the Rising Storm: Vietnam beta, so I guess I'll have a look at that first up.  Then maybe some RoF and/or Squad.  For actual wargaming I'll make a concerted effort to grasp GG's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.

Anguille

Playing Master of Orion with the Gnolams. Wanted to aim for an economic victory but the Sakkra have just overrun my defences, taken one planet and destroyed my homeworld...it's looking really bad. Will what i am going to play next.

JudgeDredd

Ghost Recon:Wildlands - 207 hours in  :o
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Finished the main quest line in The Witcher 3 so this weekend moving on to some spacey gaming - Alien Isolation, Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion and Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Got another 4 or so hours in my current Stellaris game (non Unity, figured I'd finish this one without it then grab it. That said I haven't honestly played in about 6 months and was amazed by the changes. Still waiting to have my first big fleet battle to seenhow the battle roles are implemented but I'm really liking it.

With whatever time I have left it will probably be Heroes of the storm and witcher 3.
Insert witty comment here.

Johnnie

Tuna:  Thanks for that video clip.  Very, very good.  It brought back some memories.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: Johnnie on May 12, 2017, 08:02:26 PM
Tuna:  Thanks for that video clip.  Very, very good.  It brought back some memories.

Yeah my stepson turned me on to them. He saw them in concert and called me up to let me know they did a great version of that song. There's a clip of them doing a great version of Don't Think Twice it's Alright as well.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2017, 05:31:39 AM

Wife is going out with her scrapbooking friends for the weekend, so free to game. Although going over friend's tomorrow night.

Probably some World of Warships tonight, but if no-one is around I'll probably be doing some IL2 in my JU88

I just visited the Fusion team site for CLoD.  There's a new beta you can download (over the old multifile team fusion stuff) right on STEAM!  This game
has come a long way.  Team Fusion has fixed an astounding amount of stuff!  I sounds like two more patches (4.4 and 4.5) and then on to an expansion to North Africa.

Things went well trying out the beta -- things felt different though that could be because I harmonized the Spitfire Ia guns down to 220 yds (rather than the historical default of 350).