Started by Barthheart, May 11, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 27, 2017, 12:29:32 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 26, 2017, 09:03:59 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 26, 2017, 05:13:55 PM
So how does Print and Play work? I've never done that before.

I know what it is - I'm just wondering what's involved by you as a purchaser. I presume you can just print the components onto paper and play? You could take it a stage further and mount the items onto card or blocks (for chits for example)? So basically making it as expensive as you need?

Never done it - and it sounds interesting...a board game - tactical too - for $9.99!  O0

The way I do it is to print the counters on single page stickers then stick that to a piece of 2mm mat board. Then cut out the counters with nice square corners.  ;)

This game uses map tiles rather than a map sheet so I've printed them on to card stock.

So it's $10 for the PDF game files, printer ink, full page stickers, card stock, and mat board. So maybe $25 altogether.
Thanks...bought it.
I
So $9.99 = £8.13!!! WTF!!

Having never bought Print and Play before, I was assuming a link after payment...is that not the case (I didn't get one)? Perhaps he processes them manually, hence taking some time for the details to come through?

One man shop. You should get email saying thanks for the purchase. Then a second with a link to download the files, there's 8 files all together. Link comes in about a day or less.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Got my link. I will download tonight and think about paper/card etc, etc  O0
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

O0
I've been so busy with Origins and returning home jobs that I haven't had time to complete my PnP version.
I'll finish it this weekend and put up some photos and maybe some play thoughts.

bbmike

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 27, 2017, 07:40:56 AM

There's an old thread here that might help with some of that.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bbmike on June 27, 2017, 08:05:20 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 27, 2017, 07:40:56 AM

There's an old thread here that might help with some of that.
Thanks  O0
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Whoa, hold on...this looked, honestly, like 'just another infantry combat' WWII game, of which arguably there are a plethora.

Looking at the product page, though, it seems this is a solitaire game? This isn't specifically stated, but the '6' on the box is (I'm guessing) meaning it's highly solitaire-friendly, and the mention of AI in the game indicates the same...so if it is why would this not be touted as such?

Or did my middle-aged eyes just miss something?  ;)

Barthheart

Nope, you got it right. It's primarily a solo game which is why I was so interested.

BanzaiCat

Thanks, Barth. I might buy the PnP rules myself.

I'm seeing a lot of cool product on their page, too...lots of expansions and such.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BC on June 27, 2017, 10:31:44 AM
Whoa, hold on...this looked, honestly, like 'just another infantry combat' WWII game, of which arguably there are a plethora.

Looking at the product page, though, it seems this is a solitaire game? This isn't specifically stated, but the '6' on the box is (I'm guessing) meaning it's highly solitaire-friendly, and the mention of AI in the game indicates the same...so if it is why would this not be touted as such?

Or did my middle-aged eyes just miss something?  ;)
I saw the 6 for solitaire and the fact it was a squad tactical game and I was sold.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Just bought this lot

Matt print paper 270gsm for printing counter and cards

210gsm "card" to stick the playing cards and terrain cards to

An Foam board to stick counters to

Here goes! Never done this before
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

That foam board might be a little too brittle for the kind of foam described in the other thread.  Give it a try, but it's tricky stuff to cut
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 27, 2017, 01:37:11 PM
That foam board might be a little too brittle for the kind of foam described in the other thread.  Give it a try, but it's tricky stuff to cut
Because it's laminated?
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I already came across one issue - the card I bought is too thick to work in my duplex printer.

I could print odd numbers then feed it back through and print even numbers, but before I did so, I printed onto normal paper and decided for that manual that would do me.
Alba gu' brath