Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Started by OJsDad, May 09, 2017, 04:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Something is breaking all right! ::)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

The Feebs' investigations must have been getting too close to Trump's inner circle. Time to appoint a stonewalling crony.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

airboy

The Wall St. Journal editorial page (no friend of Trump) has been illustrating how Comey is incompetent since mid-way through the Obama administration. 

bayonetbrant

Honestly, if they'd canned Comey in the first 10-15 days of the administration, no one would've batted an eye as it would've just been another Obama appointee being shown the door.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Nice to see Fox News entering the world of Alternative Facts

bayonetbrant

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2017, 07:10:16 AM
^Al Franken.  ::)

So he's wrong?
Sessions said he'd recuse himself from any Russia investigations.
Sessions then supported the firing of the guy in charge of the Russia investigations.
That's supposed to be "recusing" himself?

mirth

Sessions didn't fire him.

Yeah. No offense to anyone from Minnesota, but WTF?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 10, 2017, 07:45:03 AM

So he's wrong?
Sessions said he'd recuse himself from any Russia investigations.
Sessions then supported the firing of the guy in charge of the Russia investigations.
That's supposed to be "recusing" himself?

Sessions didn't fire Comey.

Is Sessions otherwise involved in the Russia investigation?

And remember a few months back when the Dems were calling for Comey's head over the Hilly email investigation?

And Al Franken  ::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on May 10, 2017, 07:57:57 AMSessions didn't fire Comey.
No, but he did support the firing instead of just walking away and recusing himself

Quote from: mirth on May 10, 2017, 07:57:57 AMIs Sessions otherwise involved in the Russia investigation?
Supporting the firing of the guy conducting the investigation is (to me) enough

Quote from: mirth on May 10, 2017, 07:57:57 AMAnd remember a few months back when the Dems were calling for Comey's head over the Hilly email investigation?
And they should've gotten it then.  There shouldn't've been any controversy if Trump had fired Comey on 1 Feb, and was just cleaning house of Obama appointees.  No one would've batted an eye.

Quote from: mirth on May 10, 2017, 07:57:57 AMAnd Al Franken  ::)
So you don't like his politics.  Fine.  He says some things I'm not fond of, too.
But are you going to try to argue that he is ill-informed or somehow not up to the task of being a Senator?  Really?  Yes, he was a comedy writer, but was also a very sharp political commentator and author for 25+ years before he was elected.  Is there are reason he can't be good at more than one thing?

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 10, 2017, 08:44:21 AM
So you don't like his politics.  Fine.  He says some things I'm not fond of, too.
But are you going to try to argue that he is ill-informed or somehow not up to the task of being a Senator?  Really?  Yes, he was a comedy writer, but was also a very sharp political commentator and author for 25+ years before he was elected.  Is there are reason he can't be good at more than one thing?

I'd like to see him be good at one thing. Other than Stuart Smalley, I wasn't overly impressed by his comedic ability.

smittyohio

America has officially become a banana republic...

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 10, 2017, 08:44:21 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 10, 2017, 07:57:57 AMSessions didn't fire Comey.
No, but he did support the firing instead of just walking away and recusing himself

Quote from: mirth on May 10, 2017, 07:57:57 AMIs Sessions otherwise involved in the Russia investigation?
Supporting the firing of the guy conducting the investigation is (to me) enough

So Comey was single handedly conducting the Russia investigation? Firing him means that investigation by the Bureau completely stops? So this whole thing is just going away because Jeff Sessions supported firing Comey?