Major updates coming to John Tiller's Panzer Campaigns titles

Started by stolypin, May 05, 2017, 07:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stolypin

I'm very excited about this.

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2017/04/27/panzer-campaigns-back-to-the-future/

...Currently, we have been focused on completing the Eastern Front games first. Seven of the eleven are done and work on the eighth is about to commence. The focus will swing to the other theatres after that. We have focused on theatres as it's quicker to reuse graphics across associated titles...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Geezer

Spent countless hours beta testing and playing the Panzer Campaigns games.  Great to see they are being upgraded.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

chemkid

awesome news! ... I'm a bit sad, though. i got into tiller's panzer campaigns because of jison's mods, after seeing tiller's release of that ww1 game including jison mapart i was sure they would treat the panzer campaigns the same way. but far from that! jts released updates that weren't compatible with jison's art and now what? new art?! anyhow, hope for the best and a bright future for john tiller software and them folks over there, good luck!!

Cyrano

This level of support is nearly absurd.  Really. 

I, too, am a JIson kid and am very concerned about compatibility.  That said, not very long ago I was wondering how long the JTS games would continue into future PC OSs.  This sort of thing offers me assurance that I can play these, well, for a while yet anyway.  It's a trade I'm willing to make.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Strela

Hi All,

We would have loved to have used Jison's art but with some of the changes John had included, resulted in Jison deciding to no longer officially support/mod for Panzer Campaigns. This required us to create our own 2D art with the added benefit that we overhauled both the 3D art and unit imagery at the same time. There is a lot more to be included in the package with game updates, all new sounds, Volcano mod scenarios and in some case new scenarios as well.

WDS decided to drive this project as John has limited resources currently and we really didn't want to see this game series die just yet.

David

gabeeg

David,

I hope you guys end up having the time to implement some (err...all) of the UI changes in this Gold series that you made in Panzer Battles ( I know in the blog you state that there is no commitment to this yet).

All,

If any of you have not had a chance to take a look at the the free Panzer Battles demo that is available, check it out and check out the UI changes.  It takes a bit to get used to if you are used to the current/old PzC UI, but it has some really great features and is big improvement IMO.
Kind Regards,
Harry

laurayu3

I am so happy to hear that.