Main Menu

FRIDAY Tender

Started by Jarhead0331, April 21, 2017, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I am the hardest working man not in show business.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I knew I have felt different than the rest of you TallFolk.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Get well soon.

I played a little Fallout 4 inspired by zombie reading.

Now I'm on a 48hr hell ride of 850 miles to help my wife who has two ill parents.  Drove 6 hours in the rain today.

Gusington

That sucks, all the way around.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Stay safe in that rain Airboy. And watch those Sunday Drivers.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Sorry to hear that, airboy.  Hope the your trip is safe and you are able to help the in laws.

I played a bunch of Civ this weekend.  My mp buddy's schedule finally cleared up and we have a good game going.  Have Justinian to my south and Willem and Genghis to my east.  Genghis declared, but didn't pursue.  Several turns after that, Justinian declared and he DID come after me.  A crushed his attacking army and took his northernmost city before making peace.  Now, I am trying to spread my religion and make enough troops for the return bout.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Quote from: airboy on April 23, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Get well soon.

Now I'm on a 48hr hell ride of 850 miles to help my wife who has two ill parents.  Drove 6 hours in the rain today.

48 hours to go 850 miles?  :o
I just drove from Gainesville, FL to DC (775 miles) and it only took 12 hours. Two weeks ago was from DC to Pensacola (1000+ miles) and it took just over 14 hours.

Thoughts are with you, airboy. My trip to FL was to help my parents.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Any impressions from you bubbas who played the DoW III mp beta over the weekend?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on April 24, 2017, 05:36:42 AM
Quote from: airboy on April 23, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Get well soon.

48 hours to go 850 miles?  :o
I just drove from Gainesville, FL to DC (775 miles) and it only took 12 hours. Two weeks ago was from DC to Pensacola (1000+ miles) and it took just over 14 hours.

Thoughts are with you, airboy. My trip to FL was to help my parents.

My mileage may be off.  It is Alabama to NC and back. 

Martok

I've ended up playing a mix of Stellaris, Lords of the Realm II, and a fun Klingon campaign in Birth of the Federation this past week.  May turn the latter into an AAR, if I can get my butt in gear. 

Quote from: Anguille on April 22, 2017, 02:42:53 AM
Quote from: paplan on April 21, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
I always look forward to reading the Friday Thread and seeing what games are popular.

One thing puzzles me though.

I see folks talking about playing 2-3 games of one genre (space 4x, for example) simultaneously.

How do you do that?  If I have the rules for Stellaris in my head, then I go to GalCiv3, it takes hours to get the GalCiv3 conventions/strategies in mind.  And then forget about going back to Stellaris in the same day.

I usually have 2-3 games going at a time, but of different genres--for instance, I have Stellaris, HOMM5, and Steel Division going.  But these are all of different genres, so for me it works.

Actually, i usually try to play different games as well. Here are the reasons why i have 2-3 games of the same genre:

1) 4x is my favorite genre
2) I have too many games that i want to play
3) Usually i have one game that i am learning (now Polaris Sector) and games that i already knwo.
4)I am not very good at any of these games i guess...

Cheers
Ha!  I'd say that sums up my own situation as well quite nicely.  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

I got to play almost-nothing this weekend, outside of maybe a couple of hours of Arkham City (because I needed to stomp some thugs -- I keep the Arkham series on slow burn to pick up and play).

I did however get about half of Turn 3's episode produced, in my AAR vs Barth. Considering my lack of energy and time this weekend, that's no small accomplishment: I work about 12 hours an ep, not counting render attempts, checking the render(s), and upload.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 26, 2017, 11:27:54 AM
I got to play almost-nothing this weekend, outside of maybe a couple of hours of Arkham City (because I needed to stomp some thugs -- I keep the Arkham series on slow burn to pick up and play).

I did however get about half of Turn 3's episode produced, in my AAR vs Barth. Considering my lack of energy and time this weekend, that's no small accomplishment: I work about 12 hours an ep, not counting render attempts, checking the render(s), and upload.

Cheers Jason, really looking towards your next episode vs Barth. 12 hours, wow. Well worth the effort though and much appreciated! :clap:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 02:01:29 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 26, 2017, 11:27:54 AM

Cheers Jason, really looking towards your next episode vs Barth. 12 hours, wow. Well worth the effort though and much appreciated! :clap:

12 hours!?!  :o I feel ashamed at the paltry 1.5 hrs I spend writing up my turns....  :buck2:

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2017, 02:06:34 PM
12 hours!?!  :o I feel ashamed far more efficiently intelligent at the paltry 1.5 hrs I spend writing up my turns....  :buck2:

Fixed that for you.  O0

Edited to add: got solidly on my way editing footage and commentary together, earlier this evening. Fully expect to upload it this weekend sometime.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!