Main Menu

FRIDAY Tender

Started by Jarhead0331, April 21, 2017, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Recovering from the flu and bronchitis, so rest will take priority to gaming, but probably SD44, Stellaris and messing around with the Jets DLC in the ARMA 3 Dev branch.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Hope you get well soon JH.

I don't ever recall having bronchitis - can't imagine it's very pleasant. Flu on the other hand is a fairly regular visitor and knocks me on my back.

Very probably more Elite as I now have a Cobra MkIII + 1m credits. Seems once I found my way out the arsehole of the universe, there's some decent trading to be had - or the devs just upped their game and chucked alot more content about.

I can't imagine Ghost Recon:Wildlands not getting fired up and I'll probably nip into Project Cars for a bit of racing. SD44 will wait until there's more content. I'm kind of at the limit of what I want to do with it in the beta (or early access - whatever it is).

I will definitely be trying to complete my Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 1A4 this weekend or at least get the base coats down and use next weekend for weathering.

Anjoy your weekend.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Get well soon JH

i plan on Afghanistan11 and SD44
also i have enlisted to the Open Beta of Dawn of War III (its MP only, slightly reduced content but all races) which is valid to play from 4/21 10AM PST to 24/4 10AM PST to get a impression on that one
(and if it will be to fast for my taste. cause for the full version i am more interested in the SP campaign and skirmishes vs AI then hectic MP)

who also likes to get keys here is the link  https://www.dawnofwar.com/beta
you need a relic account or create (a throw away) one
the key you get in the email have to be activated at Steam ... the 18GB big package is already in preload! )

Crossroads

Mmm, The B-52s  :bd:

Matrix Easter Sale effects reach to this weekend as well, so will be playing few of the larger Conflict of Heros firefights. While waiting for the CoH boardgame to arrive of course. That, and the last moves to mark my utter defeat to AI on DC1 Fall Weiss. Always wanted the Poles win anyway  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 21, 2017, 05:11:43 AM

I will definitely be trying to complete my Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 1A4 this weekend or at least get the base coats down and use next weekend for weathering.

We want pictures when done!

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on April 21, 2017, 06:10:52 AM

Oh, you have a thread out already, kool!

Gusington

Get well JH. Didn't expect you to be a B52s fan.

All Witcher 3 all the time this weekend as time allows. If I dally in anything else it will be Medieval 2 TW.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Get some rest JH, my wife had that nastiness for about 3 months.  :P

PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJsDad... The Germans get a well deserved victory in our latest match. His opening hours ambush really put a dent the Red Tide's ability to return much damage.

PBEM DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason.... if either of us can stop playing SD44!  :D

More SD44... I like the new Omaha map and the new divisions. Infantry heavy which is my speed. Used super heavy off board arty for the first time last match. Holy devastation Batman!  :o

Finish roof repairs to Miata.

Clean house before my wife returns on Tuesday.

DoctorQuest

Hope you feel better soon, JH.

I'm working all weekend and in the wee hours of both Saturday and Sunday. Not much gaming this weekend.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Crossroads on April 21, 2017, 06:12:00 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on April 21, 2017, 06:10:52 AM

Oh, you have a thread out already, kool!
I will update it when I've made some progress  O0
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Hope you feel better, Jarhead. I'm actually thinking about starting a game of EU4. I have no idea why.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Slick Wilhelm

My new hardcover manual for War in the West showed up yesterday, so I'll be diving into that. Other than trying to learn how to play WitW, it'll be the usual Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm at night.

Hope the bronchitis heals up real fast, Jarhead.

Destraex

Probably some WOWs, SD44 and the dow3 open BETA.
Nothing really hard core.

Get well JH btw... I managed to get some wind in my face that contained weed killer about a year ago and have been having right lung probs. NOT fun and not much that can be done except for asthma medication or breathing machines. Keep those lungs dry and don't expose them to damp or cold. Somebody mentioned a while back that watercress is good but I like Kale for absorbing phlem and bringing up nasties... you have to get the juicy kind of kale though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

I had the Flu bad back in 2010 and got Bronchitis with it-- from all the coughing. I was VERY sick. So the doctor gave me some codeine for the cough and it made me crazy as hell-- nervous, agitated, and couldn't sleep. I couldn't sit still to wargame!  That stuff went down the drain fast. I've been re-vamping my Neverwinter Nights 2 game I never finished with the "Mysteries of Westgate" add-on of late and kind of got re-hooked on that game. So I'll be stomping around the sewers of Westgate looking for loot and kicking ugly troll-butts.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

WYBaugh